Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard On Laptop Is Acting Up

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

When i first turn on my laptop and start to type, i get multiple letters. It only happens for the first 5 or 10 minutes, then it goes completely normal after you type for a little bit. For instance. when you press i, you get io instead of just the i, when you press l, you get kl and not just the l, it happens to the same letters all the time, and only happens in the beginning. Any help/point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

Hi bgardner.

Sounds very much like simply keys sticking, then working loose. I would try cleaning round the keys with a stiffish brush and using a vacuum cleaner or can of compressed air to move the dirt. If you can do this with the keyboard upside-down, so much the better.

Another thing which usually works on contacts, if you can get into the contact area, is to gently rub over that area with the soft rubber (eraser) on the end of a pencil.

If the sticking is caused by a spilt drink, I would probably mount the keyboard upside-down and brush between the keys very carefully with a small brush and well diluted dishwash, but you do this at your own risk.

A drop of CRC (WD40) between the keys may help to free things up.

Good luck

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 chapo

chapo

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

What rowal5555 suggested could be the solution to all your problems if the keyboard is sticky or has dirt this may happen. Also if you know how to fix the settings on your laptop fix the sensitivity of the keyboard.

#4 bgardner

bgardner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:37 AM

I dont think its a dirt issue, but then again thats why im here is because i dont know what it is, but I am going to try what you both said as i do take others opinions, I will check back in after the weekend with an update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users