Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 1234567890

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

well ive been looking around this site. i cant find anything for info on this. ive recently got some viruses and spyware that no matter what anitvirus proigram i use it wont go away. i keep getting popups. so the only thing left to do is i think redo my whole computer. my uncle has done this like reboot or something. i have no idead how to do it though. what i do is put in windows xp disk. i click reinstall my windows xp. but when i do that it says the driver cant be found or no disk can be found in the driver so it wont let me continue. since i cant continue i cant restore my computer. ive tried system restore button on my computedr- didnt work. so i need like step by step instructions on how to toally reboot my computer please thanks so i can get rid of these bleep viruses

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

By any chance did you see the link at the very top of this forum page titled: Do you have popups or other malware infecting your computer? If so, Start Here! ???

It's the middle one of the three right under your Logged in as: (member name) (log out) bar. Dark red circle with a white X right in front of it.

In case you missed it I'll add that link here for you. Start Here!

I would try that before doing a reformat, personally.

Be (Reformat) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

Edit: to make link clickable

Edited by Animal, 04 April 2007 - 05:52 PM.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 1234567890

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

no matter how much scans i do i keep getting viruses but ill check this out

#4 chapo

chapo

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

If you can't use and antivirus programs try to do a scan in safe mode, sometimes the viruses are the processes that the computer is running are the problem, in safe mode processes are limited to a slim amount.

#5 1234567890

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

k thanks but i need to know how to reformat my computer or totally reboot it whatevr its called

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:43 AM

Clean Install Windows XP
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 1234567890

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:32 AM

ok well i read that. i dont understand the boot bios from a disk. when im in the startup screens thers an options saying boot computer from cd is that what its talking about? also i dont have a floppy disk. thirdly, wheni am at the reinstalling im about 10 minutes into the downloading and it says that it cant find my drivers or a cd in the driver. the settup cannot contunue. how can i fix that?

edit: when i try to go safe mode it freeezes up. right when i click on my user it just freezes up and stays in a black screen saying safemod and all 4 corners and a code on top so i cant do a virus scan in safe mode. unless loading it maybe takes like an or hour or 2?

Edited by 1234567890, 06 April 2007 - 08:44 AM.

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:51 AM

The boot BIOS from a disk thing is only if your computer doesn't boot from a CD automatically. Some don't and a setting needs to be changed in the BIOS. If your computer will automatically boot from the CD don't worry about this part. The steps you need to follow are:

Turn on your computer with the XP CD already in the CD-ROM drive.

Press any Key when you see the prompt to 'Press Any Key"

Setup will start copying files, if you need to install any third-party or RAID drivers press F6 at this time. The copying of files can take awhile.

Next you will get the option to repair or enter setup, choose to enter setup. Press ENTER.

Press F8 if you agree to the license.

The error message you get about the drivers, if it happens again can you please copy down the entire message and post it back here.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:25 AM

If your computer does not automatically boot from a disk, you will have to change the first boot device.

Restart your computer, hit the delete key (this is how I get to Bios) repeatedly. Your computer may require hitting a different key.

Since each Bios system is different, you may have to root around for the section which allows you to change the boot device.

Another method which may work is reboot your PC-hit the f8 key as if you want to go into safe mode. You might get a box asking you for your first boot device instead of the screen to choose safe mode. If you get this box, choose Disk or Cd.

#10 1234567890

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:02 PM

how do i need to know if i gotta put in raid or boot drivers?
also yes i press delte to get to bios page. but i do not think i see anything that lets me load from a cd there. so all i do is do press any button to start computer from pc option

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users