Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Utilities

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tripflex

tripflex

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:42 PM

Just wondering if anybody knows any other sites like this one:
http://www.dougknox.com/index.html

That has random utilities that i might use. I do a lot of computer work and im just looking for some programs i can throw on my 8gig flash drive to kind of diagnose problems, or any shortcuts to things that might have to be done.

IE i found that website someone gave me when i was looking how to change the "registered to" name in XP.

Just little utilities like that, or maybe even a program with a bunch of utilities like that all included

Thanks a bunch guys!
There's no place like 0.0.0.0, i'm tired of being at 127.0.0.1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

http://www.snapfiles.com/features/ed_usb_software.html I found this a while back.

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:42 PM

kellys-korner
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:57 PM

Durned post moved while I was typing!!! :thumbsup:

But it saved my stuff, so here's my copy/paste:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/index.html

I've got 4 separate flash drives that I use at work (1, 2, 4, and 8 gB). Each has my work tools that are prescribed by the company (so I can't give them out). The rest have other tools that I've found are handy by trial and error and space constraints. I've found that the 4 gB holds plenty and the 2 gB is adequate as long as I don't keep copies of CD's on it.

My 8gB got full of stuff I never used.

Here's a list of most of the stuff that I had on it before I broke it (since been RMA'd). I'm just copying the filenames - so some may not make sense:

BartPE ISO (with all the plugins)
UBCD ISO
easybcd.exe
th_xptweak_sp2_v2.zip
tweakvi-basic-sfx.exe
txp4trial.exe
VistaBootPRO_3.1.0.exe
WhyReboot1.0.0.50.zip
WinScroll_569_English.zip
Norton Removal Tool
Webroot System Analyzer
Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor
GPEdit for XPHome - Internet shortcut
j79zlr's tips and tweaks group policy for xp home - Internet shortcut
Testing your PSU Rails - Extreme Overclocking - Internet shortcut
Using a Multimeter - Internet shortcut
Wavosaur.1.0.0.6000.zip
nmsetup.exe (network monitor)
Windows_vista_tips_&_tricks.pdf
Streams.zip
GetACLs.zip
BatchFileMaker 1.1.zip
DriverCleaner
pcw2007_v1.zip
Daisy_v2.2.exe
weballow.exe
vistamanager.exe
NPS_SETUP.zip
rcsetup101.exe
EClea2_0.zip
AmicEmailBackupSetup.exe
uninstall_flash_player.exe
Latest nVidia drivers for XP and Vista
Latest ATI drivers for XP and Vista
All the portable apps from www.portableapps.com (to include an updated version of ClamWin antivirus.
StartupCPL
Autoruns
Process Explorer
SpeedFan
memtest ISO
SIW
a copy of SP2
DialAFix
BootSafe
etc, etc, etc.

Mostly it'll be finding what you need when you want it and adding it to the flash drive. Then, periodically go through the drive and delete the stuff that you don't use. As you download stuff, download the Zip files rather than the .exe's (if you have a choice) - it's easier to get the zips to work standalone than it is the exe's.

I've got tons more stuff scattered about - it'd too much to sort with an 8 gB drive.

Also, look at this thread for some nice, free tools: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html

Finally, some DOS utilites are nice to have, as are some precompiled registry edits that you can merge with a double click.

Edited by usasma, 04 April 2007 - 02:09 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 27 May 2007 - 02:56 PM

USASMA you have quiet a list; copy was sent to my word pad. Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users