Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Newbie To Bc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dhod1

dhod1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:31 AM

I guess a short intro would be in order.
I'm living in Washington (state not the HQ of the world).
I 'putter' with my laptop and desktop and usually end up on some forum asking for help to repair any damage.
BC looks like a forum I should have found some time ago. Posts are very informative and I've just started to review other sections so I'll wait until later to post additional queries.
I'll be looking for other Toshiba laptop owners as I've had some probs with mine and have become frustrated of late. My desktop is being rebuilt slowly as my motherboard's AGP slot was damaged and I've had to replace with a similar MB to save having to buy anything for repairs. AGP slot pins were evidently damaged when card was installed as the computer hasn't been opened since built. Use, hot/cold, vibration etc finally killed machine and damaged pins on slot and card finally wnt separate ways. Guess I've been real lucky up to now. Doing the repair has been frustrating as I've not been 'inside' the case for a couple of years.

Thanks for being here. I can always use the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:28 PM

The more you wander about BC, the happier you will be that you found us.
Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image dhod1
It's good to see you here at BC :thumbsup:

BBPP6nz.png

#4 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:26 PM

:thumbsup: Welcome dhod!! Glad to have ya :inlove: I'm running a Toshiba Laptop M115. I haven't had too many problems with it but the few times I did & had to make a call to Toshiba ( you don't want to know what I really call them) the service has been really lousy :cool: How about you ? You can't understand them half the time & the when I could I have never been made to feel like such a complete idiot !! :) The sanctimonious #$#*&%$ treat you like something far below their level of genius!! I don't cry often, and it takes alot to make me cry but the last call I made to them till the "Lady" & I use the term loosely, had me in tears. I told her to just forget it,give me the case # & I'd get it fixed one way or another myself. Called MicroSoft the next day,Oh she did recommend it by the way, the tech there had it figured out & we had the problem fixed in less than 5mins. I never did get a call or bill from MicroSoft ($59) for the call :flowers: I hope they billed it to Tos$#*%# :trumpet:
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users