Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I Fix This Problem?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 claudemarie

claudemarie

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:26 AM

I have been seeing this for the past month or so...

The instruction at "0x66869bc7" referenced memory at "0x0000003c". The memory could not be read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Dunno what I did..or how I did it. Am wondering if it is a BIG prob or not to bad..or if I can fix it? With the proper help lol. I am not very good at these things....

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

What program is being terminated?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 chapo

chapo

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:37 AM

At what part of the computer process do you see this message is it when windows is booting up when you are already into windows more info would be helpful

#4 claudemarie

claudemarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:37 AM

sorry... I don't know if it is because I am using a program...I notice this when I close a window. Is there something specific I should look for? For instance I may close the window for this topic and that will pop up. I guess that means I am already "into" windows.

I dunno what the heck it has to do with programs...sorry again someone has their work cut out for them if they are gonna try to help me lol. I am a computer dummy.

Edited by claudemarie, 04 April 2007 - 11:39 AM.

#5 chapo

chapo

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:38 AM

this happens eveytime you close a window?

#6 claudemarie

claudemarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:40 AM

no not every time.

#7 chapo

chapo

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:45 AM

Can you give me some details such as what does the blue bar say on the window. You know like in this window it says Can I fix this Problem?..... And also did you uninstall any programs lately?

#8 claudemarie

claudemarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:48 AM

"iexplore.exe-application error" is what is says on the message box...

#9 chapo

chapo

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:50 AM

Do you have a yahoo toolbar on your internet explorer

#10 claudemarie

claudemarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

no I don't. My toolbar is the plain jane Windows

BTW thanks for trying to help me figure this out, I appreciate this.

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:03 PM

Are you using Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 7?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 claudemarie

claudemarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:17 PM

ie 7.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:24 PM

Go to Start...Control Panel...Add/Remove Programs

Scroll down the list until you find Internet Explorer 7 (it'll be under Microsoft stuff or under Windows stuff) and remove it (uninstall). This will revert you back to IE6.

Try IE6 to see if you still get the error. If not, then it's your option to re-install IE7 (it works most of the time when you reinstall it, but not all of the time).

#14 claudemarie

claudemarie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

you know what? I just installed Firefox....I think I will give it a whirl and if I get used to it and there is no more corrupt memory notices, screw ie :thumbsup:

I get frustrated easily can you tell lol

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:44 PM

Once you get used to Firefox you won't go back to IE (well, almost never - there's still a site or 2 that works best in IE and you will need Windows Updates)!

The best thing about Firefox is that if it doesn't do something that you want it to do, there's usually an extension available that will do it.

I use these extensions habitually:
Fasterfox (speeds up Firefox)
AdBlock Plus (blocks almost anything you want to block)
ImageZoom (will zoom in/out pictures)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users