Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

A Mixed Bag. Slow Pc, Antivirus Test & Info

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:18 AM

This is a general post with some links that could interest you.

What programs slow down your bootup time etc. HERE.

AntiVirus comparison. This one has me thinking it may be time for a change. HERE.

It has been a while since I visited howstuffworks.com, and I was pleasantly surprised to see they now have a separate COMPUTER CHANNEL. Plenty of good info here.

Would you like to see if your FIREWALL is doing its job properly? Get SHIELDS UP to thoroughly check for you.

Have you lost a necessary .dll file, get it free HERE.

Check 'em out and see what you think.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by rowal5555, 04 April 2007 - 09:32 AM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GoTwins

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

Heh, that .dll files site seems great for noobs like me. I know I accidentally delete random stuff :flowers:

Oh, nice little anti-virus list. I have McAfee but it's ranked 13th because it was at like 93% on the scans, so it's not like its THAT big of a difference.

Also, the link is from Aug 2006, thought that was kinda relevant :thumbsup:

#3 Globe Roamer Jeff

Globe Roamer Jeff

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:08 AM

Thanks for the links... :thumbsup:

#4 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:22 AM

Nice info :thumbsup:

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users