Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem While Trying To Install A Game, It Says "failed To Expand "group" Constant", What Does That Mean?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arma

Arma

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:13 AM

Well I try to install a game called Ascension to the Throne, so the game I think first unpack all the stuff and when it reaches the end of the unpacking I get this message 'Internal Error: Failed to expand "group" constant' about 4 times and then the application exits. What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:33 PM

Can you try to install it on another PC to see if the same error appears.
MCP
MSDST

#3 Arma

Arma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:41 AM

Can you try to install it on another PC to see if the same error appears.

The problem comes from my PC, it doesn't happen that much often but from time to time I get these games that gives me error when I try to install them. So what I usually do is install them on my cousin's PC and burn the folder in which the files have been installed unto a DVD-R. But I don't have access to my cousin's PC anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users