Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Poll: Mozilla Wins Convert

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Novitiate

Novitiate

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:27 AM

OK, I've already posted in the wrong place once, so I've scrolled and I've scrolled but I can't find the post that originally gave me the link to try a new browser - Mozilla Firefox. It was a poll on what people thought was the best browser. So, it's all a bit scary out there and I'm happy to use whatever I'm given, in this case - you guessed - Internet Explorer. I would never have got up the courage to download anything, let alone a new browser, if I had not learnt to, first, trust the advice in this forum, and, second, to give it a go myself. So I did and I've found Mozilla to be quick, simple, and relatively problem-free. WINNER!! Thank you BC for giving me the bleeping courage to bleeping give it a bleeping go (even if it hadn't worked out, it would've been worth it just for what I would've learned.) OK, too mushy, you're right, but the browser is a bloody beauty!! Marg. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:46 AM

Is this the Poll you were refering to, Novitiate?
Browser wars: Pick your top browser

Since you're a new convert, here's a couple of links that may be of interest:

Firefox Web Browser - Pipelining
Enhancing Firefox with Browser Extensions
Switching from Internet Explorer to Firefox
Plugins
Extensions

Edited by tg1911, 04 April 2007 - 06:51 AM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:54 AM

I know of no other software that arouses the passion of its users as does Firefox. Perhaps because it is so good, and perhaps because using it allows people to feel more a part of their computer and more in control of it. I think you understand now why Firefox has eaten away at IE's browser dominance (some would call it a monopoly) since it first appeared.
Now if you want some REAL FUN, take a look at all the wonderful add-ons available for it (some of the important ones are mentioned in several threads here). And MORE FUN: dump OutlookExpress and try Thunderbird. And even MORE FUN: dump MS Office and try OpenOffice.org.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Novitiate

Novitiate
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:55 AM

Yep, that's the one. More links (licking lips sound). Where was the correct post? M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users