Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Automatically Minimizing!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shenmue Legacy

Shenmue Legacy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:26 AM

Hi everyone. :trumpet:

Okay, I'm having a problem that is really getting on my nerves and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Basically, when I run certain games that go into full screen, it goes into it for literally a second or two, then it automatically minimizes back to the desktop. If I then click the game on the taskbar, it does the same again.

This problem is really getting on my nerves, could anyone please help me out? :flowers:

Thanks very much. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:57 AM

Try starting the computer in diagnostic mode and see if the game still minimizes.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:45 AM

That happens to me sometimes too. However, when I click a blank spot on the desktop to deselect anything that was selected, it usually doesn't happen.

I think many times it's my instant messenger program too, Trillian.

#4 tikimonster

tikimonster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

a few of my games have been behaving like this over the past few days too. You running MSN messenger? if you are, exit out of it and see if they stop minimizing....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users