Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ntdetect Failure

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 2shirts

2shirts

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:40 AM

ok, so i've read this site over and considered the suggestions given but the problems aren't exactly what my computer is doing so...
i have a mid range viao that was working fine until i recently shall we say "legitimized" my copy of windows every since then my computer has been on the slow decline:
first the fan started going crazy and by that i mean that's it's on constantly and seems to just get faster it eventually gets to a speed where it just whirls but it's constant and never slows and is very loud. i've ignored it and moved my computer to a more spacious area on my desk but not too much of a difference
Second: my real problem is that while trying to burn a cd my computer read an error and froze i cold booted it and got a "booting windows from c:" promt in what looks like DOS and then the NTDetect failure message and the computer reboots. if i dont stop it it would continue to do that by itself. i've read that i could use my bootdisk and i have but through reading i havent found the right commands to fix the errors so im stuck...
my computer wont start and i can only go through the boot area of startup but i dont know what im doining in there. I dont have a recovery disk but i have a boot and if this helps it appears that i have four partition drives but with one that has memory on it. please please please help me.
thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 05:08 AM

Hello and welcome,

It sounds like your hard drive is having some problems, can you post back the make of the hard drive?
Regards,

Alan.

#3 2shirts

2shirts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:38 PM

alright from the top

SAMSUNG
P/N: 1424j1FYA00107 P/V MS

S/N S09QJ14908

SP2504C

LBA 488.397, 168 250.0GB P120S REV A
F/W: VT 100-33

(IF THIS HELPS)
SERIAL SATA 3Gb/s

thank you

Edited by 2shirts, 05 April 2007 - 02:41 PM.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

http://www.samsung.com/Products/HardDiskDr...ities/hutil.htm is the location for the diagnostic tool, tell it to run, see if it returns any errors.
Regards,

Alan.

#5 2shirts

2shirts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

ill give it a shot

thank you

Edited by 2shirts, 05 April 2007 - 07:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users