Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Sort Of Errors

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 hxm

hxm

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:04 PM

>can open images(i need to open with firehand ember image software)

>there was a time when after the PC load everything on the desktop,
a BLUE SCREEN appeared, it says that i need to disable something on BIOS? or theres an error in win32.sys?(not sure with the extension name)

>when i want to play warcraft, can't create a game, the PC freezes, but if i choose single player, it does connect(this error doesnt exist when i didn't install COMODO firewall and other anti-spywares)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:26 AM

Next time you get a blue screen, copy down the entire message (including all the numbers) and then post it here. This will help identify the problem.

Have you done a thorough malware check?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 chapo

chapo

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:32 AM

Good suggestion that Budapest recommended and also sometimes (especially with the games you play) your memory might be bad a common BSOD is when the memory paging file gets overloaded.

#4 hxm

hxm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:59 AM

ok... i'll take note on that...

#5 hxm

hxm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:26 AM

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: nv4_disp.dll

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

tech info:
STOP: 0X00000050 (0xea0386f8, 0x00000000, 0xbfa60206, 0x00000000)

nv4_disp.dll
- address BFA602D6 base at BF9C3000

this blue screen appeared awhile ago..

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:29 AM

Do you have Service Pack 2? If not I recommend you get it.

You could also try updating your video driver and testing your RAM for errors.

Edited by Budapest, 05 April 2007 - 04:35 AM.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 hxm

hxm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:16 AM

i don't have SP2, because my OS is not lisenced( sorry for this, can't avail for an original one)

#8 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:23 AM

This shouldn't be a problem, you can still download and install SP2, even if your copy of Windows is non-genuine.

You can download SP2 from here. It's 272MB.

Edited by Budapest, 05 April 2007 - 05:26 AM.

—George Bernard Shaw

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:34 AM

Don't forget to update your drivers to SP2 compatible versions before installing SP2.

In particular your STOP error refers to your nVidia video driver. You can download the latest version from here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html

Then uninstall the old driver and install the new one that you downloaded.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 hxm

hxm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:18 PM

i've already did this...

first things first... i've uninstall the old driver... then restart. then install the new driver.. then this error came up when opening the NVIDIA control panel.

nvCpIUI.exe - application error

thank you for the SP2 link... download finishes within 2hrs (ouch!)

if the SP2 download finishes... do i need to disable something before installation?

#11 hxm

hxm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:25 PM

is the service pack 3 reliable?

#12 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:32 AM

I assume you mean Service Pack 2, not 3 (there is no SP3 yet). Service Pack 2 seems pretty reliable (well...for Microsoft anyway).

Before installing SP2 I would disconnect my computer from the internet and turn off any real-time antivirus or antispyware applications you have running.

The video driver error may be caused by not have SP2 installed. Try it again after the installation.

—George Bernard Shaw

#13 hxm

hxm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:37 AM

ok got it....

if ever i would do some reformating of PC, do i have to download/install SP1 even though i have SP2?

#14 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:44 AM

SP2 supercedes SP1, so you only have to install SP2.

—George Bernard Shaw

#15 hxm

hxm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:23 AM

can't install SP2...

in normal mode... SP2 extract its files, and comes up with inventory process but the installation doesn't proceed... it says some error, forgot the term..

in safe mode, SP2 extract, did inventory, did backup for files, registry, created restore point, but on the half way of the installation, an error came up.. "error in parameter" (not the exact term) so the installation was retracted, it removed the SP2 and installed the backup of files...

before i was able to install some components(about 5 updates only) of SP2 from windows update, and because i dont have the genuine thing, can't download for SP2... but i did try the link above and download it by Getright, when the DL was successful, the extension name was html but i renamed it with .exe and thats it... what would be the possible errors? do i need to uninstall some components from SP2 before installation of this SP2 setup from the link above?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users