Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp To Vista, Now Back To Xp----> Except Now Xp Only Gets To Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alexdbest2000

alexdbest2000

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

i recently loaded vista on my comp, didnt like it, so i formatted my hardrive and tried my xp sp2 cd, came to the blue screen with "windows setup" top left, nothing happens freezes or something. i know this cd works, and ive tried two other hardives, same thing. also ive had xp on my comp before, i loaded it the same way.

Anybody know whats wrong?

this is my setup if it helps

soltek sl-b8e-f barebone system
Intel Pentium 4
3.00GHz
160 g hardrive
768 ddr (western digital) ram
ati 9800 pro all in wonder video card
2.5 volt power

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:37 PM

If you're talking about you tried two other hard drives and tried to load your XP on them,, in the same computer, and it failed on both hard drives.. then here's your problem(s)

1. all your hard drives are bad
2. your XP cd is bad.

I'll be the 1st to say that your XP cd is bad.

If I've read your post correctly, you've tried to install XP on 3 different hard drives, and all of them failed. If that is so, then your cd is corrupted, scratched.

Try to clean the cd properly and see if it works.

#3 alexdbest2000

alexdbest2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:44 PM

no, different comps, i know 100% the hardrives are fine, and i successfuly loaded the xp cd on another comp. all the hardrives load xp on the other comp.

Edited by alexdbest2000, 03 April 2007 - 11:46 PM.

#4 Jaydee

Jaydee

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:11 AM

I have had this same problem with customers computers. This is a bad cd. Even one scratch on this disc can mess up the installtion. It all depends on the cd or dvd rom and how well it reads the disc. I used a isc on a compaq and it installed fine, then when i went to install on a dell it would lock up and never complete the setup. So I would grab a new disc.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:48 AM

You could try cleaning the CD/DVD Drive.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users