Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Only Plays A Portion Of My Video

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Needs Help Bad

Needs Help Bad

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:43 PM

Some of files I think are corrupted. I have videos that are at least 20 minutes long but the Windoes Media Player only shows about 9 secons of it and then the player thinks it is done. However, the voice still continues on. I've tried checking the box for downloading the permissions and that should be the problem.

I just bought a new HP Pavillion and when I transfered my videos from my old computer to this new one, that is when I started having problems. Can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaydee

Jaydee

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:03 AM

It sounds like to me that you need some codecs. What type of video files are they. With that info i canlead you to what codec you need. Some music files and video files that do not play and give you the messeage about permissions are virus related.

#3 Needs Help Bad

Needs Help Bad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

It sounds like to me that you need some codecs. What type of video files are they. With that info i canlead you to what codec you need. Some music files and video files that do not play and give you the messeage about permissions are virus related.

Hey thanks for your help. Not sure what you mean by what type of files but I'll do my best to tell you. Again, this happens for files on my PC as well as video files I try to view on my CD. These files were working well in my old computer but now on my new HP Pavilion. Here is some information:

Audio Code: WMplug
Video Codec: MPEG Video Decoder
Media Type: Video
Video Size: 448x336
Aspect Ration: 4:3
Duration 00:08 -------- but in fact this should be about 20 minutes. The video only runts for 8 seconds bu the sound keeps going. The video seems to run for 8 seconds and then freeze. Hope this helps and again, thanks for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users