Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Text Field Issues

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mojinko

Mojinko

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:58 PM

While the main reason for this help request is to help me fix the text field problem Im having, there are a couple other problems as well.

It has become an ongoing problem, no clue what causes it. In certain games, so far only Mabinogi and Test Drive Unlimited, when I go to type something in a text field, my computer pauses, and people talking in Ventrilo repeat themselves over and over for a couple seconds. The same thing happens when I exit a text field in said games. No one else I have talked to has this issue, and I am fairly certain they have slower computers than me, so no clue what the issue is.

The other problem is my graphics card. I have an ATI Radeon x800 card, and when I am playing games, I get errors when it does not even seem to be taking up much memory. I was playing Test Drive Unlimited which I just got today, and I was getting a report error window for ccc.exe about every minute in game. If I ignored it, I could keep going, but eventually another error window popped up saying the same thing, so I shut the game down. I meet the minimum requirements, but I have no clue why its doing this. My computer has a history of overheating, but I don't know if its due to that.

Also, is there a program I can use to monitor the heat in my computer? I'd like to know if that is truly the problem here, as I have been told that my card could be damaged by now if it is overheating.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jitaa

jitaa

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:41 PM

First heer is a link to the site that has a monitor for CPU and Heat along with a few other things. It is called MBM and about the 11th item down. It is Freeware.

I would also suggest getting any Driver updates needed. I do not know what system you have but you can go to the manufacturers site and retrieve them from there. Do these two things and then try the game again so we know if it is a heat problem which it sounds like

http://www.freeware-guide.com/dir/util/optdiag2.html

Post back and let us know
Thank you Jitaa :thumbsup:

Edited by jitaa, 03 April 2007 - 02:42 PM.

#3 Mojinko

Mojinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:53 PM

The link to MBM on that site didnt seem to go anywhere that had a download link.. and I have the latest drivers for my graphics card already.

EDIT nevermind, found it on majorgeeks.com

Edit again.. it wants to know what my motherboard is, and frankly I have no clue.. How do I figure that out?

Edited by Mojinko, 03 April 2007 - 03:06 PM.

#4 Mojinko

Mojinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:18 PM

I used belarc advisor to find my motherboard for that MDM program, but the one it listed is not under the supported devices.. it said

Board: Intel Corporation D915GAG AAC77881-303

I assume thats the motherboard, but that is not listed in the MBM config.

EDIT Whether or not it works, i chose a different motherboard in the intel list. When I got my error, the heat was clocked at Case 107 CPU 111 Farenheight, it was about 107 when I started my computer up

Edited by Mojinko, 03 April 2007 - 03:33 PM.

#5 Mojinko

Mojinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

Okay, update time.
I turned my computer off for about 5 hrs, and when I turned it back on the temp was around 80-82 degrees, and within 5 mins, the temp has risen to 96 degrees. Im fairly certain the video card is having heat issues, but that doesnt take care of the text field issues.
EDIT, after making the post, without doing anything, comp temperature was 107

On the heat subject, I have a fan outside my computer, and I want to get your opinions as to which way to face it. Ill include a picture of the current position so I dont have to explain it (I think it will make more sense that way)
Posted Image

The fan is shoved in a corner, thought proccess was that the fan would remove the warm air from the computer, but I dont know if it would be better to shift it so it is blowing back at the computer?

Edited by Mojinko, 03 April 2007 - 08:11 PM.

#6 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

NO DO NOT DO THAT!!!! Fans are ran on magnets and put a magnetic field in the air, you could seriously mess up your computer by doing that! does your computer have a built in fan? maybe its stuck on something so hot air is getting trapped...

#7 Mojinko

Mojinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:44 PM

My fans are not stuck on anything, and do you mean that even the current location of the fan is bad, or that it should not be facing the computer?

#8 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:51 PM

Do not face the fan to the computer, believe me not a good idea :flowers: CORRUPTED :thumbsup: DATA! :trumpet:

#9 Mojinko

Mojinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

okay, the ccc.exe error has to do with TDU not liking my ATI card, theyre working on a fix.

Im getting another internal fan for my computer and possibly a new case for better ventilation to try and stop the overheating.

Still no way to fix that text field issue X.x

#10 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

Are these temperatures for your CPU or for your video card? Are they in Fahrenheit or Centigrade?

If you want to use an exterior fan, it should only be temporary, it shouldn't be inside the case, and the side should be off of the case. Blowing air won't hurt your computer or data - and neither will a magnet (in the fan) as long as it's kept away from the components. I'd suggest a couple of feet away to be on the safe side.

If the heat is affecting your video card, you'll have video artifacts which would include problems with text. It wouldn't have problems immediately upon startup, but as the computer heats up it'll get worse. And the more work that the computer does (which also causes the video card to work more) - the more it'll heat up.

Is there a fan on the video card and is it working? Is there a fan on top of the CPU and is it working? Is there a lot of dust inside the case? If so, have you blown out the coolers on the CPU and the Video card with it?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#11 Mojinko

Mojinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:20 PM

The temperatures are in farenheit, there is no dust in the case, I cleaned it yesterday. All the fans are working, not sure if there is one on the video card though. The text problems are any time my computer is on, even after it had been off for nearly 8 hours.

Current temp is 104, its been like that for most of the day.

#12 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

From what I've seen of the ATI X800 reviews, they all seem to come with a fan. Try taking the side of the case off and looking for the fan on the vid card. You can run the system this way - just don't stick anything inside of it!

104 degrees F is about 40 degrees C - that's not very hot at all.

So, let's ensure that the vid card fan is working correctly, then we'll move on to other things that may/may not affect the video quality.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#13 Mojinko

Mojinko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:39 PM

Ok yes, the fan is working. I have another internal fan installed as well as a spot cooler on my video card now, so my computer case has gotten quite a bit cooler.

The text field issues still exist, I guess since one of the games I am having issues with is in english, I can ask them to see if it can be fixed on a game by game basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users