Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble Completing Internet Pages

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 quexpot

quexpot

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

Hello, this is my first post here.
My computer is having problems completing web pages. Take Amazon as just one example. Often there are about 30 small gifs to complete the page. Although I sometimes have to refresh the page it often loads quickly all but one image and then seems to do nothing! Another refresh may fix it but not always and if Iím about to pay I often abort at this stage. This is not just related to Amazon, even visiting Bleeping Computer is much the same. Any ideas? Itís a Pentium 4 2.4 / 512 ram on broadband via IE7 and a firewall is in use. Running XP (SP2) scans show no infections or spyware. Thanks. Q

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

Try turning off your firewall just to see if the problem persists. If it doesn't still do the same thing, then maybe you need to adjust your firewall settings.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

What kind of internet connexion do you have? Do you delete your temporary internet files on a regular basis?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 quexpot

quexpot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 04:25 AM

Hi. Thanks for quick reply. I have had other firewalls recently and the problem persists. I usually use the default settings. I delete temporary files at least daily and defragment the drive often. On the face of it the machine works well. It beats me that the refresh button seems to work and is required so often?

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:07 AM

!. Did this happen with IE6?
2. Do you have a dial up connexion?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 quexpot

quexpot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:19 AM

I'm on Talktalk broadband and it seems to work well enough, often 6mb/s. Yes, it was the same on IE6. Could it be a memory allocation problem or not clearing something fast enough? Often web-pages finish with a graphic, a counter or something like. Could this be important?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users