Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files And Settings Transfer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jonni67

jonni67

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

Hi folks, I wonder if one of you clued up people can sort a wee problem for me? I have a 80gb hdd running wins xp pro sp2 and, I have just bought a 160gb drive on which I have also installed wins xp. This 160 drive is just sitting in my comp at present not connected and, I would like to transfer all my settings from the 80gb drive EXCEPT Windows. The 160 drive has 3 partitions, 20gig for Windows, and the rest of the drive is divided into F: and G: Partitions. It is the F: partition that i want to transfer everything to. Could someone tell me the best way to do this please? Regards jonni67

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:00 PM

Boot your OS and run the File and setting transfer wizard. Save this to the F: drive.
Hook up the new drive as a master and make sure you slave the old drive or it will boot from it.
Once you ge tthe OS running on the new drive, run the Files and Settings transfer wizard and follow the appropriate prompts form there you should be good.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#3 jonni67

jonni67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:35 PM

Hi baloo, Tnx a lot m8. regards, jonni67

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users