Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have No Clue Whats Wrong

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 GoTwins

GoTwins

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:05 AM

Hi,

This problem started a few weeks back, and my computer was running slow, and wouldn't connect to the internet every time like it is suppoed to. So I assumed I might have a virus or some spyware, or maybe even network problems, although I didn't install anything new recently. So I took it into my College Campus Tech services, and they scanned and cleaned my laptop, and found some spyware and 2 trojans. I was told they were removed; I took my laptop back and it seemed to work fine.

However, a few days later I noticed that it was still slow, but I can connect to the internet now, so that problem was fixed. I took it back to tech services and they were baffled, and the guy there told me that he doesn't know what to tell me but to reformat my computer. I definitely DON'T want to reformat it.

I noticed that when I press CTRL+ALT+DEL I see that the task manager says its at like 0-3%, like normal. However, on my laptop's little processing light bulb thing (the thing that lets you know if the computer is processing something at the moment) is always lit up. I know for a fact that it shouldn't be lit like that, it should be off, or blinking, not ALWAYS on. This is what's weird, I run no programs, and I let it sit and it does this, it says its processing but task manager doesn't pick it up.

I did McAfee scans, Adaware scans, spybot search and destroy scans, disk clean up, defragged it, uninstalled and freed up a lot of ram, and it still is doing this. What is going on? Please help, it took me a while to even load up firefox and try to type this message.

Here's my hijack this log:

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\Quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue\ControlPanel\VersionCueTray.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Ahead\NEROBA~1\NBJ.exe
C:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MPS\mps.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPS\mpsevh.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Xfire\Xfire.exe
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk&channel=us
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://gunz.ijji.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk&channel=us
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\scriptcl.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {860c2f6b-ca82-4282-9187-beccbb66f0af} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\Quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeVersionCue] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue\ControlPanel\VersionCueTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MskAgentexe] C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskAgent.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NBJ] "C:\PROGRA~1\Ahead\NEROBA~1\NBJ.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Rainlendar2] C:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - {d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...01/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxdev.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AdobeVersionCue - Adobe Sytems - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue\service\VersionCue.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee E-mail Proxy (Emproxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Redirector Service (McRedirector) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Privacy Service (MPS9) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MPS\mps.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rahina

Rahina

Security Helper

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:25 AM

Hello GoTwins And Welcome To the forums. :thumbsup: My name is Rahina Rescue and I will be handling your log to help you get cleaned up. Please give me some time to look it over and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
[ Antivirus ] [ Firewall ] [ Spywareblaster ] [ Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ] [ Windows update ] [ Firefox ] [ WinPatrol ] [ ATF Cleaner ]

If i have helped you, donate to help me continue helping others. Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#3 GoTwins

GoTwins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:17 PM

Hi

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply! Take your time, no hurries (yet lol).

#4 Rahina

Rahina

Security Helper

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:43 PM

Hello there GoTwins

Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm
[ Antivirus ] [ Firewall ] [ Spywareblaster ] [ Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ] [ Windows update ] [ Firefox ] [ WinPatrol ] [ ATF Cleaner ]

#5 GoTwins

GoTwins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:05 PM

Okay, thanks.

Here it is:

SmitFraudFix v2.163

Scan done at 12:02:05.26, Wed 04/04/2007
Run from C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

Process

C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Xfire\Xfire.exe
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

hosts

C:\

C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\system

C:\WINDOWS\Web

C:\WINDOWS\system32

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles

C:\Documents and Settings\Don Hong

C:\Documents and Settings\Don Hong\Application Data

Start Menu

C:\DOCUME~1\DONHON~1\FAVORI~1

C:\DOCUME~1\DONHON~1\FAVORI~1\Online Security Test.url FOUND !

Desktop

C:\Program Files

Corrupted keys

Desktop Components

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0]
"Source"="About:Home"
"SubscribedURL"="About:Home"
"FriendlyName"="My Current Home Page"

Sharedtaskscheduler
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=""

pe386-msguard-lzx32-huy32

DNS

Description: Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 24.159.193.40

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BD124441-3ED8-4975-938A-C33490D40F42}: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{BD124441-3ED8-4975-938A-C33490D40F42}: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{BD124441-3ED8-4975-938A-C33490D40F42}: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40

Scanning wininet.dll infection

End

You see, my comp is running fine now, but it'll probably lag up later, so you don't think its possible for this thing to go "in and out," and disappear and be invisible from scans when my computer isn't lagging...?

Thanks

#6 Rahina

Rahina

Security Helper

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:55 PM

Good Work :thumbsup:

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart anyway into normal Windows. A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply along with a new HijackThis log.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Warning : running option #2 on a non infected computer will remove your Desktop background.

#7 GoTwins

GoTwins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:21 PM

Smitfraudfix log file:

Scan done at 22:12:35.56, Wed 04/04/2007
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Don Hong\Desktop\Tools\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in safe mode

SharedTaskScheduler Before SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

Killing process

hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost

Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

Deleting infected files

DNS

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BD124441-3ED8-4975-938A-C33490D40F42}: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{BD124441-3ED8-4975-938A-C33490D40F42}: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{BD124441-3ED8-4975-938A-C33490D40F42}: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=24.159.193.40

Deleting Temp Files

Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=""

Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

SharedTaskScheduler After SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

End

New Hijack This log file:

Running processes:
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsshld.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/ig/dell?hl=en&client=dell-usuk&channel=us
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\scriptcl.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\isuspm.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdobeVersionCue] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue\ControlPanel\VersionCueTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\npjpi142_03.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MUSICMATCH MX Web Player - {d81ca86b-ef63-42af-bee3-4502d9a03c2d} - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/mmz/openWebRadio.html (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m...01/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/scan8/oscan8.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AdobeVersionCue - Adobe Sytems - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue\service\VersionCue.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee E-mail Proxy (Emproxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Redirector Service (McRedirector) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Privacy Service (MPS9) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MPS\mps.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SpamKiller Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe

My background was changed to a normal blue color (different from before). So does this mean that my comp wasn't infected...?

#8 Rahina

Rahina

Security Helper

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:01 AM

You are no longer infected, good work :thumbsup:

Please open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis.

Download ATF-Cleaner by Atribune to your desktop.

Do NOT run it yet.

Run ATF Cleaner Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6

Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
Click the "Download" button to the right.
Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
The page will refresh.

Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.

Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.

Please run Panda's ActiveScan You will need to use Internet Explorer to run it.

• Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
  • A new window will open...click the Check Now button
  • Enter your Country
  • Enter your State/Province
  • Enter your e-mail address and click send
  • Select either Home User or Company
  • Click the big Scan Now button
o If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
o It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
o When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
o When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.

Post the contents of the ActiveScan report Along With a Fresh HJT log in your next reply :flowers:

#9 GoTwins

GoTwins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hi there

Sorry for the slow reply, the scan took most of the day to do. Heres the Activescan logfile:

Spyware:spyware/marketscore Not disinfected c:\windows\system32\rlvknlg.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:application/myglobalsearch Not disinfected c:\program files\MyGlobalSearch
Hacktool:Generic Application Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Don Hong\Desktop\Random Apps\Dell\BSINSTALL.exe
Spyware:Generic Spyware Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Don Hong\Desktop\Random Apps\Dell\order2006.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Don Hong\Desktop\Tools\SmitfraudFix\Process.exe
Spyware:Cookie/QuestionMarket Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.questionmarket.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Mediaplex Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.mediaplex.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Searchportal Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[searchportal.information.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/WUpd Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.revenue.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/WebtrendsLive Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[statse.webtrendslive.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.atdmt.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Server.iad.Liveperson Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[server.iad.liveperson.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Server.iad.Liveperson Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/43682891]
Spyware:Cookie/Hitbox Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.hitbox.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/2o7 Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.2o7.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Doubleclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.doubleclick.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Overture Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.perf.overture.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Tribalfusion Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.tribalfusion.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Traffic Marketplace Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.trafficmp.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Casalemedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.casalemedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.realmedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/FastClick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.fastclick.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Statcounter Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.statcounter.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Adtech Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.adtech.de/]
Spyware:Cookie/BurstNet Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.burstnet.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/BurstBeacon Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[www.burstbeacon.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Adrevolver Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.adrevolver.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[ad.yieldmanager.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Go Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.go.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Hitbox Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.ehg-dig.hitbox.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.serving-sys.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Tradedoubler Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.tradedoubler.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Zedo Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.zedo.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/PointRoll Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ov0hknnr.default\cookies.txt[.ads.pointroll.com/]
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix\Process.exe
Virus:Trj/Shutdown.Z Disinfected C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix\restart.exe
Hacktool:Hacktool/Hammer Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Robster Productions\Halflife Logo Creator\HLC.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe
Spyware:Generic Spyware Not disinfected D:\20062908_213003_Don Hong\C\Documents and Settings\Don Hong\Desktop\Dell\order2006.exe.nco[20062908_213003_Don Hong\C\DOCUME~1\DONHON~1\Desktop\Dell\ORDER2~1.EXE]

HJT Log:

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab

Isn't the slowness supposed to be gone? It's still slow...same as before.

#10 Rahina

Rahina

Security Helper

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:52 AM

Please go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following (if present):

MyGlobalSearch

Please go Here to see how to show hidden files in windows.

Now, Using Windows Explorer (to get there right-click your Start button and go to "Explore"), please delete these files (if present):

C:\windows\system32\rlvknlg.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Don Hong\Desktop\Random Apps\Dell\BSINSTALL.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Don Hong\Desktop\Random Apps\Dell\order2006.exe
D:\20062908_213003_Don Hong\C\Documents and Settings\Don Hong\Desktop\Dell\order2006.exe.nco

And search The Following folders, Delete ( If Present)

C:\program files\MyGlobalSearch

( The following Fix is Optional But suggested, if you would like to speed up your computer a bit )

Please open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below .

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis.
_______________________________________Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

Let me know how things are running now :thumbsup:

Edited by Rahina Rescue, 06 April 2007 - 04:15 AM.

#11 GoTwins

GoTwins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

I did all those things, but it's still slow. This problem isn't unfixable is it...?

#12 Rahina

Rahina

Security Helper

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:09 AM

Please run Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) You will need to use Internet Explorer to run it.

Download to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.

1. Close all applications and windows.
2. Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
3. When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <- this one will be minimized
4. Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt in your thread.
5. Please attach extra.txt to your post.

#13 GoTwins

GoTwins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

Do you think this problem will be fixable? Or do you think I will have to reformat? I really hope I won't have to reformat :thumbsup:

I won't be able to do this from Sunday, I'm home for the weekend and I will post on sunday with the scan results.

Thanks

#14 Rahina

Rahina

Security Helper

• Members
  • 681 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:01 PM

I will Try My best to get your computer running better.

I will be waiting for you. Take you time ;)

#15 GoTwins

GoTwins
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:55 PM

Hi there.

So do you have a rough idea whats wrong then...? Is it spyware? Or a virus? Or something else...?

Haha just wondering, how many tricks up your sleeve you got left? I'm just worried there might be no solution, that's what I'm scared of most :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users