Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guitar Help

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

Hi Folks,

I have a guitar and have been learning it for a few weeks, is there any good sites out there that will help teach me?
Regards,

Alan.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

wow everyone is picking up guitar at the same time. heres a very similar thread."guitar" It should help you out.

Posted Image

#3 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:04 AM

Thanks for the reply, but was wondering if there were any good sites out there that could help me learn how to play and improve on the guitar.
Regards,

Alan.

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:11 AM

Guitar Lessons for Beginners Archive - Free Guitar Lessons Online ...

some more

#5 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:20 AM

Thanks for the reply, thats pretty cool, will have a look at them now.
Regards,

Alan.

#6 Brain of J

Brain of J

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

Try Ultimate Guitar.

Also, I've been playing 5+ years so if there's anything you need help with just drop me a PM :thumbsup:

#7 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

A website will teach you methodology and music theory, but your best bet is to get private lessons from someone good. I've been playing bass for quite some time and at first I taught myself and got pretty good, I started getting lessons a few weeks ago and my playing has significantly improved. If it's just for hobby, websites are fine, but if your like me and hope to pursue it as a profession, private lessons are a must.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

#8 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to pursue the internet teaching methods first. some time in the near future I expect I will get someone to teach me.

Thanks again
Regards,

Alan.

#9 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

Practice, practice, practice, tune, and did I mention practice.

I like these these places. But I'm mostly southern rock, classic rock & blues player.

Good luck.

http://southernrock.de.vu/

http://www.gibson.com/lesson/lesson/lesson_menu.aspx

http://www.chordie.com/publicbooks.php?sort=&start=40

#10 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:00 AM

http://www.musictheory.net/

http://www.musicmoose.org

www.truefire.com

Edited by 12x48y, 14 April 2007 - 08:09 AM.

#11 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:06 AM

Thanks 12x48y those look great, this is going to keep me busy for quite a while. :thumbsup:
Regards,

Alan.

#12 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:33 AM

One more thing, then I'll leave you alone. LOL

It might be a little early for this.
But here is a great tool that will slow down music quips so that you can hear the notes better. I use this to figure out lead solo's. I know you just started, but, it might come in handy later.

http://www.ronimusic.com/

Amazing Slow Downer

I've been using the free trial version for years.

#13 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:44 PM

After playing Acoustic for a few years in High School I quit playing and have recently picked up playing Bass. The g/f thought it would be good for me. I quickly got frustrated b/c electric instruments dont sound right w/o an amp and I wasnt going to go burn another $100 on a Bass Amp. I used a 1/4 to 1/8 line adapter to hook it into my computer and use Audacity to record whatever Im trying to play so I can critic my own playing against the original song. Now Im actually getting somewhere in my playing

Posted Image

#14 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:59 AM

After playing Acoustic for a few years in High School I quit playing and have recently picked up playing Bass. The g/f thought it would be good for me. I quickly got frustrated b/c electric instruments dont sound right w/o an amp and I wasnt going to go burn another $100 on a Bass Amp. I used a 1/4 to 1/8 line adapter to hook it into my computer and use Audacity to record whatever Im trying to play so I can critic my own playing against the original song. Now Im actually getting somewhere in my playing

I wish I could find a bass amp for $100. :thumbsup:

Good idea, I use a Tascam multitrack Portastudio 414 to record and mix. For the same reason, to see if I can get away with what I am playing. Plus, I can hook the Tascam to an amp, and jam over the top of tracks. So I can lay down a bass line, then a rhythm track, then I can practice solos, to see what licks and tricks will sound best. Also, this allows me to get the best (real) sound from my amp, and effects. :flowers:

#15 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

I wish I could find a bass amp for $100. :thumbsup:

Walmart (at least the one the near me) has beginners Bass and Guitar Amps for $80USD. But finding a quality one is impossible unless you go to flea markets and yard sales. The last one I looked at was $270 I think and It was a Peavy. The pedal I wanted was $79 (Echo, Reverb, Chorus, Overdrive, and 3 more effects) I said there was no way that I was paying that much. So I came up with that Idea

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users