Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Psp Questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

Well, I've had my PS2 for about 4 years now and its really getting junky (repaired 3 times already...). I figure it probably doesn't have much life left in it so might as well trade it in while I still can!

Anyways I saw that PSP's are now down to 200$, and started reading about the online features. I already have a wireless router. I'm wondering if the online with it is decent? Also, is it free? I don't like being charged monthly for games.

I noticed too theres like a bundle pack for like almost 50$ more. Is it worth it? How many games can be saved on 32mb stick (I would still plan on eventually getting a 1gb or 2gb though).

Another thing, does anyone know if the price will be dropping again shortly?

Lastly, would it just be better to sell the newer games on ebay? I think last time I checked EB was only paying a couple dollars a game... I'd probably still trade in my PS2 to EB though because if that thing gets moved around a lot it will probably die lol. Thanks for reading this long post!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:51 PM

Didn't read all of your post, but I just saw on 1up that the PSP looks to be getting a small price drop to like $160 or $170.

As for going to EBgames/Gamestop, yea I'd be wary of that unless you buy stuff new. They make their money on buying something from you for a couple of bucks and then reselling it for $20 or more. . . Then I guess they do credit for things you return. . ugh. . .

*edit* http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158431 (Guess it was a $30 price drop)

Edited by Wizdabest, 02 April 2007 - 08:52 PM.

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:01 PM

Also, I'm pretty sure you can (don't know how legal it is) put movies and games on the larger memory sticks and play them directly on the PSP (I guess partly the problem with UMD).

#4 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:49 AM

I have a PSP...and I love it!!!! The graphics are as good, it not better than the PS2! :trumpet:

To answer your questions:

- Wireless is free. Any Wi-fi hotspot you find is fair game.

- If you like the game and the movie that comes in the Bundle Pack, then go for it. I didn't buy it because I didn't want to pay more money for a game that I'll never play, or a movie that I'll never watch. But I wish I had a bigger memory stick for music and movie purposes (mine is 128mb)

- 32mb is good for game saves...and not much else. If you want to put other games, movies, and music on it, get a bigger memory stick (BTW, the PSP supports Memory Stick Pro and Memory Stick Pro DUO, not the standard Memory Stick)

- No clue about the price drop, but its obviously too late for me! :flowers:

Just my two cent's worth...I would try and buy a new PS2 first...they are about $130, redisigned. Even though I love my PSP, it would be very difficult for me to get by without my PS2.

But that's me. :thumbsup:

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:57 PM

Oh wow price drop today? Nice!

thanks for everyones input!

Also, I don't play my PS2 at all anymore, its just collecting dust anyways. My latest game I got for it is GTA San Andreas. I got an xbox 360 during the summer and have been getting games for that instead, but it would be cool to get a handheld game system.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 GoTwins

GoTwins

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:11 PM

Here's a tip. Whatever you do, DON'T sell to EB Games, GameStop, places like that. They rip you off like crazy.

I needed some quick cash once and tried selling my ALMOST NEW games, they offered me 2 bucks at the most. I mean seriously...wow. If you can sell for the same price on ebay then do it, better then supporting the guys that rip you off. They'll just sell it again for $20 like someone said above. You might as well sell it to some kid who will enjoy the game instead of some corporate chain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users