Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ulysses

Ulysses

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:28 AM

is is just me or is Vista a piece of (insert expletive)?

i just scraped together my hard earned cents to get a new pc......mainly to use for music and design/art stuff...with the new pc coming with Vista....and i find have discovered that VISTA doesnt like ITUNES or PHOTOSHOP...... no itunes i can deal with....but when i find out PHOTOSHOP doesnt work im thinking WTF??????

Iv installed PHOTOSHOP fine, and i can open the program all good.... but then a charming little pop up tells me i can not use photoshop as i dont have the proper priviledges and that i need to log in as an administrator to have these priviledges.....my response to that : i am the f***ing administrator!!!!!!!!!

so i try to troubleshoot and nothing works...even though im no computer genius i follow everything to a T....nothing. then in a last ditch attempt i start googling to find a solution.....and nada...just the same stuff.. the sad thing is i even rang up the computer place i bought it from and pleaded with them to give me XP and they tell me its been recalled so nope i cant have it. Now im bleeping myself as my rent is being paid by my art jobs and without photoshop im screwed, screwed, screwed.

so my question after that little tirade is: is there anyone out there that can help meeeeeeeeeeeee???????

would be forever grateful!
cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Falu

Falu

• Security Colleague
  • 3,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:42 AM

Hi Ulysses, :huh:

Just to let you know that I am experiencing the same kind of problems on a brand new labtop with Vista installed.

Don't have an answer yet but you're not alone in this. :huh:

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:53 AM

Which version of Photoshop and Vista do you have?

Have you tried running Photoshop with administrative privileges? Due to new security features in Vista, programs you run, even if you are logged in as administartor, won't automatically run with administrative privileges. Rigth-click the shortcut and select properties. Under the Compatibility tab the is a check-box: Run this program as an administrator. Try checking it.

Adobe has decided not to fix any Vista compatibility issues with Photoshop so they can force everyone to upgrade to CS3.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 Jazzgirl

Jazzgirl

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:45 AM

Ulysses, I have PhotoShop CS2 and don't have any issues. I have turned off the UAC (User Account Control) and it works flawlessly. It works faster on Vista than it did on XP. Have you tried turning off UAC? If not that try reinstalling and when you click the install file right click and select Run as Administrator. It works great here.

JG

is is just me or is Vista a piece of (insert expletive)?

i just scraped together my hard earned cents to get a new pc......mainly to use for music and design/art stuff...with the new pc coming with Vista....and i find have discovered that VISTA doesnt like ITUNES or PHOTOSHOP...... no itunes i can deal with....but when i find out PHOTOSHOP doesnt work im thinking WTF??????

Iv installed PHOTOSHOP fine, and i can open the program all good.... but then a charming little pop up tells me i can not use photoshop as i dont have the proper priviledges and that i need to log in as an administrator to have these priviledges.....my response to that : i am the f***ing administrator!!!!!!!!!

so i try to troubleshoot and nothing works...even though im no computer genius i follow everything to a T....nothing. then in a last ditch attempt i start googling to find a solution.....and nada...just the same stuff.. the sad thing is i even rang up the computer place i bought it from and pleaded with them to give me XP and they tell me its been recalled so nope i cant have it. Now im bleeping myself as my rent is being paid by my art jobs and without photoshop im screwed, screwed, screwed.

so my question after that little tirade is: is there anyone out there that can help meeeeeeeeeeeee???????

would be forever grateful!
cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users