Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realplayer "clip Not Found"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:35 AM

I have recently downloaded a few videos and I am having abit of problem to watch them. When I click on them realplayer shows "clip not found" which I have not moved or deleted it, I found a solution by copying it to the other hard drive I have, and realplayer actually plays it. However, that means each time when I want to watch a video, I would have to move it to another hard drive.

Are there any solutions better than this? I have checked on reaplayers support, but nothing helped.

thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:35 AM

This could be that your hard disk is dying.. YOU could do a test on them by doing the following

go to "MY COMPUTER "
richtclick
propperties
extra
check volume for errors and tick the two boxes
press start

it will now ask you to reboot and than a hard disk test will be done. please post whatever result there is.

#3 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:47 AM

thanks for the reply,

I checked my c: volume and it had a fixed a few errors, however not with my realplayer. I have done another search on my problem, which I assumed that it might be the problem with the difference of file systems of my hard drives. c:/ is NTFS and d:/ is FAT32. Would anyone please tell me if that has caused this problem.

#4 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:23 AM

anyone?

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:27 AM

Try this:

To make RealPlayer your universal media player after installation:

1. Open RealPlayer, then click the Tools menu and choose Preferences. The Preferences box opens.
2. Under the Content category, click Media Types.
3. In the Media Types dialog box, choose Make RealPlayer my Universal Media Player, then click OK.

To re-assign file types to RealPlayer:

1. Open RealPlayer, then click the Tools menu and choose Preferences. The Preferences box opens.
2. Under the Content category, click Media Types.
3. In the Media Types dialog box, choose Manually configure media types for RealPlayer, then click the Select button. From the list that appears, you can choose the types of files you want to play using RealPlayer.
4. Make sure that Reapply your media type settings every time RealPlayer starts and When clicking media in the RealPlayer Media Browser, play in RealPlayer are selected.
5. Click OK.
6. Restart RealPlayer.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#6 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

thanks for the help, I have emailed realplayer support the other day, they said they should be able to help me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users