Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If I Dont Get This Resolved Tonight Im In Trouble Tomorrow Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:33 PM

So on the advice of someone on Friday I tried to update my microsoft office. It said that it needed me to put the disc in. So I put it in and the box that popped up wouldnt accept the disk. I know thats coonfusing so here is whats happening. When I try to open up excel a windows installer window pops up and wont open excel. The a box pops up that says installation error file not found. It says a required installation file PA561401.CAB could not be found. Its then asks me to put the office disk in which I do and I go directly to that exact same file and it wont accept it. My excel is down and I have a ton of business docs on there that I will need tomorrow. Im a mortgage banker and have closings tomorrow that will not happen if I cant open my excel. Can someone please help!! Im not that good with computers so keep that in mind please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:03 AM

Ok I figured it out. Sorry to waste anyones time that started to look into this. I would delete this thread if I knew how.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:37 AM

Can you please post your solution to this problem. It may be of interest to others on this forum.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:23 AM

I would delete this thread if I knew how.

only people who lead this category like the moderators can delete it,if i am correct

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#5 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 601 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:28 AM

Can you please post your solution to this problem. It may be of interest to others on this forum.

My solution was to just click on the drive with teh disc in it instead of finding the exact file that I needed. Hope this helps for future referance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users