Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer And Ie7 Conflict?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:26 PM

hi, yesterday i installed a fresh copy of Win XP Pro with SP2 on my computer.

i used windows update 2 update stuff, eg. IE7.

But then... when i open my computer and go to my file structure, it's OK, but when i click close.. IE 7 opens and i get a error message: http://www1.filehost.to/files/2007-03-20_0...4923_error2.jpg

also IE 7 has trouble closing too (long time before it actually closes)

i don't think its a virus or anything, because i just installed it the day before.

thxs.

Edited by funnytim, 01 April 2007 - 07:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:39 AM

Maybe some files were corrupted during the install.

I would recommend running check disk (chkdsk) and the system file checker (sfc).

Chkdsk

Sfc
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jitaa

jitaa

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 01:42 AM

Go to Control Panel--Add Remve and Uninstall IE 7
You will revert back to IE 6.
Stay with that for 3 or 4 days and see if it corrects itself.
Also you can contact Microsoft and they will send you a CD to install SP2. I recommend this because it gives you more control over how much is installed. There are several things that you will not need in the Pack.

Here is the link to have them send you the CD. Look at the box on the lower right hand side

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

Post back and lete us know how it goes.

Thank You Jitaa :thumbsup:

#4 funnytim

funnytim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:00 AM

hm... uninstalling IE7 and going back to IE6 SEEMS to solve the problem...

but does that mean i can't use IE7?

unfortunately the suggestions Budapest posted didn't help..

thxs.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:22 AM

Maybe yes....maybe no. :thumbsup:

Sometimes the reversion to IE6 will "clear" the issues with IE7 - and you'll be able to upgrade to IE7 without issues. Sometimes you'll just be stuck with the problem. From what little I've seen, the reversion to IE6 will usually fix the issues and IE7 will work well - but the only way to find out is to try it.

Edited by usasma, 03 April 2007 - 06:29 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 jitaa

jitaa

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:32 AM

I agree with USAMA. I have had members uninstall IE7 and latr do a reinstall and they had no problems.
As with any install make sure that you go to the Authors site to install or a site that is trusted and secure. I have seen installs that have had third party apps. with them.
As always read the Privacy Policy if you are not familiar with the install.

Thank you Jitaa :thumbsup:

#7 funnytim

funnytim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2007 - 11:43 PM

hm...i guess ill just use IE6 for now...

thxs :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users