Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Troubles..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sirsin

sirsin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

My computer for a time has been acting up, it was a minor problem back then, but now its pretty major (I think).

My first problems were the lag, the lag was unbearable, it slowed down my computer down significantly.
I had thought it was Malware or maybe a Virus, so I ran very MANY Virus Scans and checks and even after the same problems kept happening.

Second problem, after the lag another annoyance came up, I could no longer download anything probably cause I always had NO space on my computer. The DiskCleaner program always came up saying, "Your amount of memory is very low, You have 0MB of space left blah blah blah". So then, I thought another virus had come up but I could not fix it because I could not download any programs. + When I always tried to receive updates to getting new Virus Definitions, I can never fully receive any cause they always crash.

So now, i'm stuck with a virus program that doesn't help at all and a computer filled with problems.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:37 PM

Duplicate, see other post here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86990/computer-troubles/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:43 PM

Your first strategy should be to review the files stored on your hard drive, especially if you have relatively little capacity (less than 40GB), and begin the process of either deleting the files or moving them to a CD. You can also take a look at the programmes or applications you have on your hard drive in the Add/Remove Programs utility in your Control Panel; if you never use an application or one duplicates the functionality of another, then remove it.
It would help if you could tell our Members the size of your hard drive and the version of Windows you are using.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users