Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

delete swapx virus or restore orig settings?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 penmark

penmark

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:29 PM

Hello all, I am a first time user here. I was lucky enough to get the swapx "virus" on my system. After reading some of the instructions here, I was wondering if i'd be better off just restoring my computer to its factory specs and starting all over. If not, how long should it take to remove it and get the computer back to normal? Many thanks for your input.

Mark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:11 AM

Here is a tool for Windows XP to remove swapx
http://forums.skads.org/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=59
I would definately give it a try before reformating. It takes a loooong time to run so just be patient and let it do its thing.

Download, unzip to a permanent folder and run swap.bat . Reboot and post the c:\log.txt

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#3 penmark

penmark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:03 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, and I will do that later when I have some time. Would the process not be completed after running the suggested program? Is that why you're telling me to post the log? Just want to know what i'm in for before i begin the process. Thanks.

#4 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:35 AM

The log will show if anything else needs to be done. Actually a HijackThis log file would be good to post also when the swapx tool has finished running. In the HJT forum though....not in this thread.

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#5 penmark

penmark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:50 PM

Ok, I ran the bat file. Here is the log:

"The batch is run from.." C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\downloads\special spyware delete\swap
SUCCESS: The process "explorer.exe" with PID 3284 has been terminated.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hm7d1ti327yi17l.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll could not be deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jbb3nrxo0u.dll could not be deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\w8c6s4xcm66.dll could not be deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\w8c6s4xcm66.dll could not be deleted

Files found in system32 directory.,,,
---------------------------------------------

C:\WINDOWS\system32\1hg8oyjw1ug4xll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\28zihd5zyudl1zl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\2pcxy9ckefp5fgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\2zzmv8y57robugl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\34xrntx2yhbfizl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\38lr17dwbbzpril.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\3hbiicx5b9w58hl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\536mh24wb2641dl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\556ivbnjohhjmhl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\5sjbh4oht8tsrgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\6uk3i52ib6us5bl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\7lex1uugbfcsrgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\7nyft9rdu6jd57l.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\8ijcjwfxhzyiepl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\92tdukw1f17fpgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\9dk4ol1t59obugl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\9me3euyuly8hegl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\9n38832xebyrrzl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\b2ldnxxfmylwpgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cuwj13t6loj61zl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\e49jgbf1vr5t1zl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ei5k2gs4v5875ll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\f6sipkz5i19isgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\f6y3c93cu5obugl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gfgfv95idiiithl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hm7d1ti327yi17l.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\i6tuliphoilbugl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iwifnholen1bugl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jbb3nrxo0u.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kipctnniiy7fpgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kk6o6yx3hnxsrgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kxu5pn5rh9zzrzl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lf6kofyicg6uogl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lfgf4gyyvpvlogl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lwywhoz3ryozrzl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lx4krhbn9mb.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ns7zl82czu7fpgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ojwiy1d1ggn4xll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pnt7vgk97oz.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\r58zvx9641ojugl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ru9m7zyeczjc1zl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\shi4bii2s17fpgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sn333g6m4b1x4ll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sr4tmpg1yjvypwl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tv5z8fj3gyibugl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\udybsnozjbyxkhl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ufif1xi3osu85zl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\unuiipxrm19zrzl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uoyu2f1kb2th1zl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\v98ixhf5n7ru7gl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ve7gfyf161n4xll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\w8c6s4xcm66.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\w8c6s4xcm66.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wht24y4u7o29rgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wkuuns13l2mj5bl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wl9s7j9gs4nhpgl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xgpp3ylxjsryrzl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ykpnm9i7kyyf71l.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\WINDOWS\system32\znndjl53pc5bugl.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll: Melkosoft Corporation

Files found in system directory.,,,

Files found in temp directory.,,,

C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\11112484.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\11192046.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\1199625.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\12014000.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\12030406.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\13613187.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\13801156.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\17009296.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\17911312.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\18071718.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\18434359.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\18846828.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\1905437.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\19375109.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\19451421.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\195015.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\2157671.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\2187984.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation
C:\DOCUME~1\Mark\LOCALS~1\Temp\2231687.tmp: Melkosoft Corporation

C:\WINDOWS\zona02.exe: Melcosoft

What should I do next?

Mark

#6 penmark

penmark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:31 PM

also, i posted hijack this log in hijack forum as suggested. please refer to this and advise. many thanks.

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users