Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When I Try To Delete A File

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lauren980

lauren980

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:03 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here we go.
So, my brother's family has been visiting in the past couple weeks, and my nephew spent pretty much the entire time on my computer. Anyway, he set a couple torrents to download, and now, when I try to delete one of his downloaded files, or access it, or go into the folder where it's located, I get a message saying that windows explorer is experiencing a problem and needs to shut down, or I get something about an exception priviledged instruction, (0xc0000096) occurred in the application at location 0x04350001. Click okay to terminate, or cancel to debug. Cancel doesn't seem to do anything, and I have absolutely no idea what to do.

Um, so, anyway, if anyone has any information or advice, it'd be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jitaa

jitaa

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:51 PM

Lauren. First are you signed in as Administrato?
Second where is this file located. The Path?
I am not to familar with young ones these days so I need to know if this was a game or something like that he installed?
If so was it on Roxie?

From what I have read the area where this file is like a restricted area
I can not figure out how the file got there but you may want to try and do a search from Start and see if it brings it up and then click onto it from there. You should get access to it then

.Give us the Version of Windows that you are using and also the model.
These errors can be looked up on the Manufacturer

How long is the File name that you want ot get rid of. Sometimes if you assign a long file name your memory can not read it and will cause this to happen.

Do have Photo Shop or Adobe?

Try the suggestions above and then let us know what happens

Thank you Jitaa :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users