Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Alternative To Siteadvisor?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nyyanks

nyyanks

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:39 AM

I am now using Opera and SiteAdvisor is not compatible with it. Is there an alternative to SiteAdvisor?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

I support this theory and all others from Einstein (even his theory on a static universe)
Not really!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:58 PM

Exploit prevention labs has a free product
http://www.explabs.com/products/
Not as quick to populate google search results with green/red marks but is a very fine product.
One advantage: since McAfee bought SiteAdvisor, you now have to go through their splash screen before you can examine full page of results - I find that an annoyance galore. So XML is an alternative.

#3 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:08 PM

:inlove: :trumpet: :thumbsup: :cool: :flowers:
LinkScaner Light is not yet compatible with Opera. Sorry I haven't read your message carefully.

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:47 AM

Maybe try the online version:

Linkscanner Online

This is still in beta. It can be used using Opera but you have to manually type in your search. No plug-in available though & it does not seem to have as much info as site advisor. Info available when you hover your mouse over the colored marking on the left.

Scandoo

Edited by hillbillygreek, 06 April 2007 - 12:55 AM.

#5 nyyanks

nyyanks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

I support this theory and all others from Einstein (even his theory on a static universe)
Not really!

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:34 PM

I have the site advisor page on my "personal bar". When I need to know, I cut and paste the url onto that page in the lower right hand corner. Yeah it's not as quick, but at least it's at your finger tips, and just a couple mouse clicks.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 nyyanks

nyyanks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:51 PM

thanks for the hint i guess i'll stick with firefox because of the convenience
Albert Einstein

Not really!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users