Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth Help?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 callaghan

callaghan

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:32 AM

i wasnt sure where to post this, i hope it is in the right forum. anywho...i was wondering if i have a problem with my computer or phone. basically, i want to connet my phone and laptop together, so i can send images from my phone to my laptop. i have a nokia model: 6133, Type: RM-126. my laptop is a HP Pavilion zv5000. i have windows XP Service pack 2. both my phone and laptop have bluetooth, but i cant make them connect to each other. i know very little about bluetooth, and serches have done nothing for me. also, i used the bluetooth help, and when i follow what the "tutorial" says to do, nothing happens. when i click on the bluetooth tray icon, all it says is that the bluetooth device is not found, and i should make sure it is turned on and connected. can anyone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

XP SP2 and bluetooth

How to troubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity problems ...

#3 callaghan

callaghan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

ok, from reading these links, it seems like i need to buy something else. i was under the impression that since bluetooth is activated on my phone and my laptop, that i could connect them somehow. but now me thinks i need some hardware or something. i have not bought anything, but everything i have came with the laptop. please excuse me for being so ignorant about this, but can i not use my wireless connection to talk to my phone?

what do you need to have bluetooth capabilites?

Edited by callaghan, 01 April 2007 - 11:27 PM.

#4 woodharpy

woodharpy

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:25 AM

Ok i'm in about the same place as you i really don't know much about bluetooth but i'll pass on what i do know i have a logitech dinovo wireless keyboard and keypad and they use bluetooth to connect to my computer so my computer is now a bluetooth hub and it just runs off of one usb port. I have connected to it before just make sure that your phone has the bluetooth setting activated i think it drains the battery when it is on or something so it seems like by default it is turned off. Then just run some wizards or something on your computer which it sounds like you hav already done once before. If this doesn't work you may need some sort of usb bluetooth hub i'm not really sure. I hope this helps.

CAUTION: Cape Does Not Enable User To Fly

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:24 AM

Something like this

manuals regarding bluetooth on hpzv5000

think the above should enlighten you especially Bluetooth Wireless Technology Basics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users