Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Clark

Dave Clark

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:39 AM

Hi,
I,m having problems with my computer continually rebooting since I upgraded my Graphics card and installed an extra 2Gb memory.
I'm a beginner to hardware installation but felt confident enough to carry out the upgrades.
My problem arose after the installation of my new graphics card,"Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS".
I followed the quick installation guide included but later discovered the full guide on the cd supplied. I had already installed the new card when I read that I should have uninstalled the driver for the existing Graphics card "MSI G4 MX440 SE-T" before removing it. I upgraded because I wanted the facility of 2 monitors.
After a short while the computer rebooted on it's own accord and continues to do so. It does not reboot as often if I only use one monitor but it is still unstable.
I ran "Winternals Navigator" to see what it said about the cause of the crash and it said strong possibility of Graphics driver.
I've looked in add/remove programs for graphics drivers but I'm unsure as to which driver/s, if any, I should remove. Also even if I found the correct driver would the removal solve my problem?

Regards,

Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:26 AM

To start with see this: How To Find Bsod Error Messages and How To Disable Automatic Restarts When Windows Crashes
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 Dave Clark

Dave Clark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:38 PM

Many Thanks Alpha,

Will Check it out and report back

Regards,

Dave

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:05 PM

Remove the nVidia drivers via the Control Panel...Add/Remove Programs applet.

Use one of the nVidia driver removal tools to be sure you've gotten everything out.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=806
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3233
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3214
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=865

Install the latest WHQL certified drivers from here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Dave Clark

Dave Clark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:17 PM

Many Thanks John,

Regards from Tenerife,

Dave

#6 Dave Clark

Dave Clark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:04 AM

Hi John,
I,ve included details of event viewer.
I tried to type this in word as the computer keeps rebooting but the keyboard doesn't work in word and I cannot save anything in notepad!!!!!!
01/04 application error.
Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.0.7.0, faulting module user32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2622, fault address 0x0000dd46.
01/04 Ditto
Faulting application drwtsn32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module dbghelp.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0001295d.
01/04 ditto
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module user32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2622, fault address 0x00008af3.
ditto

The COM+ Event System detected an inconsistency in its internal state. The assertion "GetLastError() == 122L" failed at line 201 of d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\events\shared\sectools.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.
ditto
Faulting application wkufind.exe, version 7.0.724.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00018fea.

ditto
Windows cannot determine the associated site for this computer. (The RPC server is too busy to complete this operation. ). Group Policy processing aborted.
This message appeared 4 time in 3 hrs
31/03

he description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : sgbhp: WAIT_TIMEOUT, while waiting for a read to clear - resetting read event
.ditto

Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.0.7.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00010f29.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Faulting application dvdxplayer.exe, version 4.0.0.1, faulting module dvdxvideodec.ax, version 3.0.0.1, fault address 0x00018a8f.
ditto
Faulting application blazedvd.exe, version 4.0.0.1, faulting module videodecoder.ax, version 4.5.0.1, fault address 0x0001621f.

ditto

30/03
Faulting application dvdxplayer.exe, version 4.0.0.1, faulting module dvdxvideodec.ax, version 3.0.0.1, fault address 0x00018a8f.
ditto
Fault bucket 126648864.

there are also byte info in the bottom panel of some of the reports but I'm hurrying in case the computer reboots again.
It's worrying about Word and Notepad
Hope you can heDave

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 06:45 AM

Multiple errors with Firefox, Microsoft Works Picture-It, and DVD stuff.

The first step would be to run this free, online scan: http://safety.live.com (It requires IE). It'll scan for malware, clean your registry, delete your temp files, and a bit more. Let us know the results and we'll move on from there.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users