Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2007 Home & Studen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:39 PM

if one purchases this home student version, it has a license for 3 pcs, is this software to be used in one household only or can 1 give it to a friend to use?

just confsed as you see it on ebay where they say used one activation and 2 left (they are selling the item)

i thought it was for the one household only....

hope someone clear that up for me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:20 AM

It can be used on 2 other PCs as the terms of service state.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:09 AM

Unless it's purchased from your school through their volume license which may have restriction upon who may install the software, regardless of the number of licenses.

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

Also, the MS box is apparently misleading. Student 2007 edition is NOT upgradeable to full Office2007. And MS has no intention of correcting the misinformation on the box.
This from
http://news.office-watch.com/t/n.aspx?arti...7&zoneid=12
http://news.office-watch.com?487
One of these links should work.

Previous student editions were eligible to upgrade. So if future upgrade is in the picture, read the article and the KB referenced therein.

Edited by tos226, 10 April 2007 - 02:51 PM.

#5 jwinathome

jwinathome

• Members
  • 1,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:07 PM

My school supplied me with XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro which had 1 license available on ANY 3 PCs.

#6 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:06 PM

i contacted MS and replied was:

Office 2007 Home & Student can be used by anybody at home who does not intend to make profet from documents created by the software. This software can be used on up to 3 PCs of that one household only.

So it means that this version can be used by anybody at home. But can't make a profit from documents created by it. Sounds a bit dumb and how they can monitor it i don't know.

And the other one is that If you buy this software install it on your computer, you can't give it to a friend to use as it breeches the license. Its only to be installed in the one household only.

So there you go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users