Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adequate Cooling?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 newbie in hawaii

newbie in hawaii

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:16 AM

:flowers: Newbie build here:

ThermalTake Tsunami VA3000BNA case with 2 stock 120mm fans (TT-1225)
Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 89 watt AM2 CPU
Zalman 9700 110mm CPU heatsink/fan
Antec TruePower TRIO 650 watt PSU
Gigabyte GAM59-SLI-S5 MOBO
Patriot PC2 6400 (4X1) GB memory
ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512 MB PCI-E graphics
Western Digital SATA 300 HD (2X250+1X500)

I would like to use the 2 fans that came with this case (yeah, I know it's ancient....lol).
TT website vague as to wiring connectors for these fans.
There are 2 connectors per fan, pwr. supply and one lone connector with a yellow wire, what is this separate wire for?
Fans will be wired so that the frt. is intake and the rear exhaust.
Any suggestions as how to control these fans? Both to PSU? One to PSU, other to MOBO? Separate fan controller/monitor?
I will probably O/C this CPU, for what it's worth, might even upgrade later, depending on finances, of course !
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
"Ua mau ke ola o ke kai"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:37 PM

If the fans have three wires the RPMs can be controlled. For case fans I just connect them to a molex connector and let them run.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users