Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taskbar / Window Appearance Changed. Xp

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wests

wests

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

I had that spylocked thing and got rid of it thanks to this website however my taskbar and windows appearance keeps changing to what looks like earlier versions of windows ( the square buttons etc ). I don't know if it is related to spylocked or not. I think it was maybe doing it before spylocked reared it's ugly head. Can someone please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:15 PM

Hello,

Right click on the desktop and select properties. select the theme to windows XP, that should solve the problem,

If not, go to start then run type services.msc scroll down the list make sure the theme service is started. if it still doesn't work, right click on my computer select properties select the advanced tab, click the performance button make sure the last box is checked, use visual styles.

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 wests

wests
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:29 PM

Hey, thanks for that. I did try that before but the only option available was XP modified. I re booted and then XP modified was gone and all of the regular options were available. I was able to fix it.
I still think I have some sort of problem. I'm having problems downloading windows up dates, on start up norton 2006 runs its scan and the automatic windows up date is turned off. I tun it back on.
Sometimes IE7 favourites "stars" don't appear nor do tabs, home, links, print, page or tools symbals.
Outlook sometimes reverts to what I think you would call "classic style". My home page used to be ninemsn.com.au when you look in internet options but now it is "http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=6&ar=msnhome". ???

What does all this mean???

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:01 AM

try using this tool, it fixes most windows problems http://www.iobit.com/AdvancedWindowsCarePersonal/
Regards,

Alan.

#5 wests

wests
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:14 PM

I did a lot of stuff yesterday and all now seems to be good, I hope.

I checked out the site you suggested, it looks very good.

Question, I now have ad aware se as well as spybot and norton 2006, if I start using advanced windowscare can all of these things live together or will I end up with my own version of the middle east?

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

It should be fine,
advanced windows care, will just look after the system, it is an on demand scanner so it wont interfere with your security products, it will find holes in your system and fix them, remove harmful settings clean registry and hard drive of junk. each feature can be disabled if needed.
Regards,

Alan.

#7 wests

wests
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 03:25 AM

Just a quick note to say thanks nigglesnush85. My PC is running better than ever. Also great web site, I will reccomend to friends.

#8 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:13 AM

No problem, glad it worked out.
Regards,

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users