Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer 7

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 chow2rich

chow2rich

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:38 PM

When I went into Internet Explorer I wanted to print a webpage, but it printed something else. It gave me the html tags. Can someone tell me or help me how to fix this probelm. Thanks. And each time I open a Internet my PF Usage in the task manager increases. Can someone explain to me about this too. Thanks again too everyone who helped me.

Edited by chow2rich, 30 March 2007 - 05:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:31 PM

Hello,

Try going to internet options, the last tab, on the list check the print background images. If that doesn't work, right click on the web page, click select all, copy it all into Microsoft word or equivalent try printing it then.

The PF usage will increase when opening IE because as it opens it has to check settings, load plugins amongst other things it uses a lot of RAM doing these tasks so it pages some of the load.
Regards,

Alan.

#3 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

It didn't work, so I had to select all and copy and paste into Microsoft Word. I particularly don't like this, is there a solution to fix this problem. I still don't understand about the PF Usage from the task manager. It increases once I open Internet Explorer, and when I open another it goes from 400MB to 800 MB and then when I open many Internet Explorer it increases from 800 MB to 1GB of Ram. Can someone please explain this too me again? I really don't understand.

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

Try this link regarding memory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929861

When you start IE7 does the PF usage increase? or is it when you view a web page?
Regards,

Alan.

#5 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:54 PM

Both, it increases when I open the Internet explorer and when I'm viewing a webpage. And that's not all it's increased in the PF Usage. Right now my PF Usage is 1.00 GB of Ram right now and I only have three Internet Explorer open, some with open tabs. I'm trying to search how or what the problem is. Can someone please tell me why?

#6 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

IE7 is very bloated at best, it will consume a lot of page file if,

1 you don't have a lot of RAM
2 the pages you are viewing are loaded with lots of eye candy
3 too much space is being allocated to IE7
4 too many pages are being loaded and kept open.
Regards,

Alan.

#7 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:02 PM

I have 1.5 GB of Ram, like I said I think it has to do with spyware or adware. I don't think it should be this high in my PF Usage. And sometimes when I close the Internet Explorer it says Runtime Error 218, or was it 217. It was one of it. 217 or 218. It has to be spyware or adware, because after I download a music file it has been screwing up my Internet explorer. It was a spyware when I downloaded the music. It told me so I knew it was spyware, but since I have free anti-virus, ant-spyware, and anti-adware it probably still there the spyware and the adware, it's not completely free or clean.

Edited by chow2rich, 31 March 2007 - 09:19 PM.

#8 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:16 PM

I just got a messag again after closing a Internet Explorer, but it's a different message. Iexplore.exe-Application Error, it says: The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a5b. Can you tell me what's wrong now?

Edited by chow2rich, 01 April 2007 - 11:28 AM.

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

HJT LOG HAS BEEN SUBMITTED
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

Thanks, I got the printing problem fixed. I uninstalled Internet Explorer while I still have Internet Explorer 7 and then re-installed it back. Now I can print the webpage.

#11 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:35 PM

Glad it all worked out for you.
Regards,

Alan.

#12 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:36 PM

Hey, I'm back I got the message again sometimes. Iexplore.exe-Application Error . The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a5b.

#13 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:42 PM

Hello,

If you go to control panel select administrative tools, open event viewer and see if there are any errors under any of the categories, Let us know what you find.
Regards,

Alan.

#14 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:35 PM

(Before I get flamed - I know this doesn't help at all, but it's good advice nonetheless)

If you are getting constant errors with internet explorer. . .Maybe you should try a different web browser such as firefox or opera. Even if you don't like them, if you get errors with these other programs it may narrow the problem down to bad ram or something else other than just IE problems.

Posted Image

#15 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:41 PM

When you have a Hijack this log posted, I do not advise any other changes to your machine. If you still have problems after the hijack this thread is closed let us know.

If you are getting constant errors with internet explorer. . .Maybe you should try a different web browser such as firefox or opera.

Big thumbs up :thumbsup: please just wait until all malware is removed
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users