Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi There!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GreyArea

GreyArea

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:10 AM

Hi everyone. I'm a 26 year old bloke living in Oxfordshire, working for the National Health Service. I've always had an interest in computers. It all started with owning my own computer. I love finding out how things work so took the whole thing apart, then put it back together. Lo-and-behold, it didn't work like it used to; so I went about fixing it. I've never done any formal training with computers but love learning from people who know and this forum is the first I've decided to join.

Recently I've become very confident in the removal of viruses/spyware from friends computers and am thinking about doing it as a part-time hobby/business. I'd like to say I'm also happy and knowledgable to install and diagnose/fix problems with wireless networks. I find it such a challenge to solve problems, and to the disappointment of my girlfriend, I usually don't stop until they are solved and I could do it again!!

I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible from everyone and if I can help anyone out with my very limited knowledge then all the better.

Cheers everyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

Hello and welcome.

Check out New User Orientation
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:26 AM

Hello, GreyArea.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

If you're interested in learning about spyware/malware removal, you might want to consider joining the HijackThis Team.
If it sounds like something you might want to try, send Grinler a PM, and let him know your interested.

Don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

:flowers: Welcome , Oh to be young again and have so much brain power. It does dwindle as we get realllllyyyyyy ooooooooollld!! You should go far with a can do & stick to it attitude like yours :thumbsup: So howdy from Ohio,US. :trumpet:
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:50 PM

Welcome to BC, a friendly user community!
If you need help, don't hesitate to post; if you can help another Member, don't hesitate to reply.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:29 PM

Hello GreyArea & welcome to BC :thumbsup:

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#7 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:36 PM

Hello, GreyArea.

welcome to BleepingComputer which I consider to be the best forum!!!
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users