Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning Dvd's Problem With Drive C

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dahli62481

dahli62481

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:16 AM

[size=2]Hello! I'm having a problem with burning DVD's. What's happening is I'm using SonicRecord Now (only because it came installed on my computer) I'm taking a already burnt DVD placing it into the drive (DVD-R Drive E) & clicking on make a temporary copy, then after it reads the disc it pops out & asks to insert a blank DAVID. I do that & it burns the info onto that disc. Pops out & everything that way is working correctly. The problem is after burning some dvd's I decided to check out my drive c to see what space was availbe. I noticed that everytime I burn a DVD the space is being used up (approx. 4.5 GB) & even after the new disc is burnt it's not erasing off my drive c. I thought that after I burnt the new DAVID it would automatically delete the temporary info? I went into my temp files & deleted everything from there. I tried going into Sonic Record Now but all the files in there are strictly for Sonic, no movie files in there. I also installed Ccleaner & ran that, deleted everything from my trash can, went & defraged my drive c, removed all unused programs, even tried system restore still the space gained was very minimal. I don't understand why these files are being stored onto drive c, & why can't I find them to delete them to gain my space back or can I even delete them? If anyone has ANY INFO for me I'd appreciate it!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:28 AM

Each time a CD/DVD is copied, the computer has to keep it handy while it is being burned to disk. there should be an option or setting that says remove or delete after copying.

http://windirstat.info/ is a tool that will tell you what is taking up the most space and show you where it is hiding on your hard drive.

hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:28 AM

Posted Image to BC

if I am not mistaking there is an option in Sonic which reveals where the temp files are stored. Check under options in Sonic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users