Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Just Built This Computer! Now Problems! Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 minicooper21921

minicooper21921

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:36 PM

:flowers: What I originaly wrote: I Just Built this computer like 3 days ago. I started it up for the first time and i couldnt get it to run... So i messed with the cord in the back and it then ran. Well I got windows installed and all that.. and I went to bed and the next morning i woke up and the computer was off. So I restarted it and it did ok as if i had normally shut it down. And then again, It just shut down like 4-5 hours into the session. I figured then I had to replace the power supply... Then before i went to replace it this is really when it started messing up. It would start up and run for like 10 min. then five... So I replaced the power supply! After replacing it, It now still acts up! It runs for a mear 5 seconds and then cuts off. Every time... I have checked the heat sink and i applied the thermal stuff on there correctly, made sure the heat sink was applied correctly, made sure that there are no plugs that have come out, I have checked and over checked it all over. If anyone would please help me with this. I am in a desporate need for some help! Thanks Ryan

The Up Date: Well I have replaced the powersource one again (4th time) and It still wants to do its own thing... I will try the CMOS i just dont know what exactly what that is or how to do it. I have a vage idea... something to do with a jumper on the mother board? is this correct? I dont want to mess up my computer! (lol well honestly I would like to drop it out a 5 story building) Anyway please let me know! Ryan :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 minicooper21921

minicooper21921
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:45 PM

Oh and another thing i just remembered... When i have the actual computer running for a short while and it is in windows... the cd rom works for just a little while. There will be a disk in the rom and I go then to my computer and click on d drive and it says... Please insert disk. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. But when it does work, it works for a little while and then thats when it shuts down when it doesnt want to work. If that makes any since! LOL Thanks Ryan

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:51 PM

Do you have your motherboard fan(s) blowing in the right direction?

Edited by acklan, 29 March 2007 - 11:52 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 minicooper21921

minicooper21921
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:17 AM

http://www.tigerdirect.com/include/AddCart...6&imgcart=1
this is a pic of my heatsink!
How is it susposed to be blowing?? Up, Down or out of the comp?

#5 minicooper21921

minicooper21921
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:33 AM

Hey Acklan is there anyway that i can call you or contact you about this issue. This is starting to be a pain in the butt!
Thanks again, Ryan

Removed contact info to protect the member. Please do not post phone numbers or emails in public topics - Grinler

Edited by Grinler, 30 March 2007 - 02:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users