Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What If?

• Please log in to reply
621 replies to this topic

#1 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:02 PM

492665.jpg

This is a very simple thinking game :blink:

smile.gif All you have to do is read the last persons post and think about the "what if" they have written.

You can make brief comments on your thoughts about what they have written, but it is not to become a debate! no matter how tempting! If you need to express, just take it into the "about nothing" thread in general chat.

:wacko: After giving the "what if" your considerations, it is then your turn to ask the "what if" question for some one else to deliberate.

The "what if" questions can be about anything, from ...if we were pets to blue tree bark. They can be as long as you wish.

star13ms.gifNICE ONEstar13ms.gif
nn23

Edited by hamluis, 08 September 2015 - 10:50 AM.
Moved from Forum Games to Gen Chat - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:04 PM

ok, guess i'm gona have to start this one off....

What if there was no means of electrical power EVER again? :thumbsup:

#3 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:14 PM

:cool: No electric power at all, What if we didn't have hampsters to run their wheels to power our generators !! Now that'd be a real power shortage :inlove: :thumbsup: sorry about that nn23,, we all would be up the creek with no electric :flowers: we have become to dependent. There would go our game too, lost the comp. with the power !! Seriously, What if you knew tommorrow would be your last day on earth?? :trumpet:

Hey there nn23, looks like we're the only ones playing here :) We need to drum up a little business here,any ideas ? :P

Edited by Iodine, 05 April 2007 - 07:44 PM.

Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#4 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:53 PM

If Iknew that tomorrow was my last day on earth I wouldn't change a thing because I live everyday like it was my last day on Earth. Life is too short.

What if you were stranded on a deserted island completely alone?
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#5 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:37 PM

And that would be different how?? :thumbsup: Seriously, I suppose I would really find out then how self entertaining I am. I could also do specialized research into the question of whether or not plants that are spoken to really do thrive more than those that are not spoken to. I'd have plenty of subjects & time. I would really have to find as many interesting ways of keeping my mind active & occupied, I wouldn't want to lose what little I have left,but then again, if I were all alone how would I know if I had lost my mind or not??? Gives one pause to reflect, doesn't it? :flowers:
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#6 Cozy

Cozy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:27 AM

:thumbsup: Looks like you got caught up in the moment Iodine and forgot to ask a question.

What if one morning you woke up as the opposite gender?

#7 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:05 PM

Well, I would stare at my naked body for about an hour (I am a guy after all)! :thumbsup:

Then I would go back to sleep. I have no idea how to survive as a woman!

My wife would be extremely freaked out! Then we would probably get into some sort of catfight, and I don't know how to catfight, so I would lose. Then, for the rest of our lives together I would forever be the weaker of the two. No dice!

What if the world forgot you?
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

#8 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:35 AM

:flowers: :trumpet: If the world forgot me then I suppose I would cess to exist. If no one in the world knows you then to what would you amount, very little I think.

:thumbsup: What if you could travel thru time, would you go back & why? or would you go forward & why? :inlove:

#9 Cozy

Cozy

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:57 PM

Awwwwwww I would remember you Iodine. :thumbsup:

I would chose to go back in time to when my grandma was alive, and my great grandma was "healthy". They were the backbone to my family, so when my grandma passed away and my great grandma moved back to Colorado our family fell apart.

What if you died and then had a chance to come back, would you, and why?

#10 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:51 PM

Depends on when I died, if it we're soon, yes I'd come back---I want to be around long enough to watch my 5 yr. old grandaughter grow up.. :thumbsup:

Okay, What if you died and could come back as anything other than yourself, what would it be?

#11 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:48 PM

i would come back as a rock :thumbsup:

What if we had no desires?

#12 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:56 PM

We would just be organic robots. Un-Deterable, practically unthinking, and very boring robots. Granted the world would be much more eficient, but we probrably wouldnt care.

What if humans never discovered electricity?

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#13 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:01 PM

Spoiled food, warm beer,and still making candles! :flowers:

What if they outlawed humor? :thumbsup:

#14 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:09 PM

edit: he he oopsy :thumbsup:

Edited by nn23, 08 May 2007 - 02:11 PM.

#15 nn23

nn23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

Well, if they outlawed humour without outlawing laughing, i guess EVERYTHING would have to be literal...thats a mad one...HA HAAA, slapstick would take over in public and there would be secret comedy club busts everywhere also ha haa haaa. coool :thumbsup:

mmmm....what if...speech wasnt our method of communication?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users