Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Needs Msgina.dll To Load

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ToDrag

ToDrag

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

I have an old Dell laptop that has worked great for years. Today, my wife started the lap and it goes through the boot process, including loading Windows. After the process, when you would normally see the desktop appear, it puts up a box in the middle of the screen called "User Interface Failure" and it says that msgina.dll did not load and it needs to be replaced. I do not know where to get this .dll and do not have a boot disk for this OS. Can I get this .dll somewhere and, if so, how would I go from this screen to load it?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
to thee, these three: love, joy & the blues

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

some reading material

DLL-files.com - msgina.dll , free download

#3 ToDrag

ToDrag
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for the reply, Fozzie. I have the dowlnoaded the zipped .dll file on another computer and can unzip it. However, I cannot get anything except the message screen on the laptop with the missing file. I have tried to reboot in Smart Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, Debugging Mode, etc and it will not load. I do not know how to go directly to dos or I could run the file in dos and install it into the system directory. Can you help me with this?

Thanks again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
to thee, these three: love, joy & the blues

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

Download Ultimate Boot CD. this will allow you to boot and add the file to the System32 folder.
This program runs from a CD and load into RAM.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 CycleGeek

CycleGeek

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:53 PM

Dang! that boot cd program looked like just what I need to fix my win200 pro os. I don't have enough room for it in either computer tho. I really made a mess here. I set up a home network between xpsp2 and win2000 machines. The win 200 wouldn't do it even tho I loaded the floppy for creating the network. So I "upgraded" to xp. Lots of problems since. Now I tried to get the 2000 os to boot so I can go back to the way it was, and I get a message
saying the following file is corrupt or missing "WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM" I don't have the win200pro disk to run the repair program. It was loaded by a shop that's now out of bussiness.
Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users