Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chow2rich

chow2rich

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I'm having troubles with my sound problem too. Sometimes the sound will be too loud and somtimes it will be so low I can't even hear it, but it does work all I have to do is raise the volume. I'm using Windows XP Media Center. As you already know, I just posted my HiJackThis log. So if you would please tell me what's wrong with my machine. I have a Toshiba Laptop Duo Core, 1.5 GB of Ram, 1.6 GHZ, 150 GB of Harddrive Capacity, and of couse using Windows XP Media Center. The Toshiba Model is a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4324.

Edited by chow2rich, 29 March 2007 - 02:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

after posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer. This includes installing/uninstalling programs, using special fix tools, deleting files, editing the registry, etc. unless advised by a HJT Team member. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

#3 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:38 PM

Hey, I'm back and I just finished posting my new topic about my sound problem, but nobody is helping me or anwsering my questions yet. Can anybody help me? I need help!

#4 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:32 PM

What program is the sound coming from? Do you know the speakers you have work? Try using external speakers if the speakers are the ones on your laptop.

Posted Image

#5 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 19 April 2007 - 04:37 PM

When you have a hijack this log posted, you should make no changes to your system. Only do what the Team member recommends. Anything else can ruin the malware repairs.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#6 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:23 AM

They didn't tell me anything else. All they did was help me get rid of virus and malware, but said couldn't help me fix the sound problem. So I have problems with the sound. I don't have external speakers, only internal speakers that came with the laptop. So I don't know what the problem is. When I first got this laptop it was a fine condition, but when I got the virus, everything went bad, my sound and the Internet. I didn't have to increase the volume to hear the sound or music I was listening to. Now I have to increase and also have to lookup the sound navigtion scheme. Any idea how to fix this problem?

#7 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

If the hijack this team member has given you the all clear. "no problems in the Hijack this log" please let us know.

We can then continue with the sound problem.

#8 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:44 PM

They said it was clear, because I got rid of the virus that lived in the boot sector. So I want continue the sound problem.

#9 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

There is a sound driver avaible for download at toshiba:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...kceghdgngdgmm.0

see if downloading and installing the new driver repairs the problem