Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Imac Or Pc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dragon18007

dragon18007

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

Hi

I was just really wondering what was better a imac or pc laptop?

Can you play the same games and software on an Imac that you can use on a laptop??

I read that you can have the Imac os and the windows XP on it at the same time so didnt know if that meant you could use pc software.

ta

jj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 beccysmum

beccysmum

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:29 PM

Hi

I've had three pc laptops in four years, and all ended up on the scrapheap. I now have an Imac which I've partitioned and it's absolutely brilliant! It's definitely the best of both worlds, and if you partition with bootcamp (free from Apple) you get a dual login screen, so you can easily choose whether to run OSX or Windows. Go for it - you won't regret it! I've had mine for over a year now and would not swap back.

You get brilliant software included with the Imac, and you just need a single XP disk with SP2 to install Windows - I used an OEM version.

My only other recommendation is to go to the Apple website and buy a reconditioned Imac - url for UK is http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/uk...;nclm=Certified

or go to www.apple.com, select the Store tab, scroll down and find the link to Refurb store. They still have a one year warranty, with a good discount. I've bought a few ipods from here with about 40% off the retail price, and if I'd know about it I would have bought my Imac from here as well.

cheers

Beccysmum

#3 beccysmum

beccysmum

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:33 PM

I forgot to say you can also run Windows on Parallels (www.parallels.com) which lets you have a virtual windows desktop (or any other operating system) actually on OSX. I bought it but prefer Bootcamp.

As far as games are concerned, the majority of pc games don't run on OSX, but you can install on Bootcamp once you've installed Windows. Very easy to upgrade memory too.

Edited by beccysmum, 30 March 2007 - 07:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users