Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help - Possible Virus/spyware But Cant Find It!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 I_spy_on_the_Spysheriff

I_spy_on_the_Spysheriff

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:20 AM

Hey guys. So I'm new here, but I've found many helpful answers so here's my problem and I hope someone can help.

When I turn on my computer, sometimes it won't even get to the log-in when you type your password and log-in to Windows. I have XP on my IBM desktop. The computer is 1 year old. Lately, when I turn it on, these colored bar code-type pixelized lines fill my screen in a grid-like pattern, and everything freezes. I have to re-boot. i just recently removed lzx32/PE386 off my machine and it was fine for the last 2 months. These symptoms occurred back then but had stopped. Now they're back again and as you can imagine I am so irritated. I have to re-start sometimes 35-50 times just to get Windows on. Then, after 10-75 minutes (you never know when) that pixel stuff starts and it locks up. Then it just won't come on after awhile, and the keyboard lights blink, I can hear a fan clicking in the CPU.

When I opened the CPU, the fan on the videocard was looping, I removed the card but the sound was still there. I listened, and it's coming from the box of wires in the CPU. However, it's not overheating or power supply because it works on every other machine.

So I am assuming this is time-release malware or some such garbage, as every 24th or 25th of the month, this same thing starts up. I really am getting flustered with it, violently so. I removed Spysheriff last summer and was fine. Then in Jan. the pixel bar code crap started, and now my computer shuts off sometimes and the keyboard lights blink over & over and that's that. Only way for me to get it working is to unplug everything, remove the video card, power cables, and leave it for 1-8 hours.

I am SURE the hardware is NOT the issue. The card works fine in any other machine and the power supplies are brand new and are fine. How can I find this malware? AVG has been running (Anti virus & anti spyware I had) but they are obviously a waste as every day it says "No threats found" yet I have this crap. There are no other symptoms such as slow internet activity, etc. I even checked my registry it's clean.

Any help would be appreciated. I apologize if this is in the wrong thread/forum but I had nowhere else I thought to put it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by I_spy_on_the_Spysheriff, 29 March 2007 - 09:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:07 AM

Since you are already receiving help here this thread is closed. Please do not duplicate postings as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Thanks for your cooperation.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users