Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2003 Server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:56 AM

I have a windows 2003 Standard server with SP 1 installed. THis server is both a domain controller and a print server. The box is a Dell Power Edge 2850. THe problem I have is that the print spooler service regularly stops unexpectedly (usually in the middle of printing documents). I have 35 users in my office that I provide support for. My question is this, does anyone know if there is a fix for this problem? I have checked Microsoft and didn't find anything there. THis presents a big problem at month end when we are trying to print rather large documents and the spooler crashes in the middle of the job. My other solution would be to create a batch file and have it run on a set schedule to stop and restart the service. The error I see in the Event Viewer is ID 6161.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:thumbsup:
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=616...int&phase=1

Here is a link to that eventid and people having similar problems. Might find your answer there. (BTW, you can copy the microsoft code (IE: M832219) and instead of paying to click on those microsoft articles, just go to microsoft.com and search the number part (IE:832219) and it will take you there.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users