Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus For Windows Mobile 5, For Free?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pr0xy333

pr0xy333

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:40 PM

I just got a WM5 PPC. I'm used to windows, so I immediately felt naked without a firewall/av etc. I did some googling, and found little in the free as in beer solution to this not-yet-much-of-a problem.

I searched the forum.. found nothing, and I searched the Internet, and found nothing, well, again, nothing for free. I'm not against paying for good software, but it's hard to beat free, and there are tons of great freeware security apps for the Windows Desktop environment.. AVG, Comodo, Nessus, etc etc. and I was wondering if any of you have had better luck finding a freebee AV for WM5?

I know that there are only like two known viruses in the wild, and therein lies my unwillingness to pay money for something not quite *yet* needed... but, I want some clothes on my ppc...
Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods. Albert Einstein

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LindaGail

LindaGail

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:40 PM

Hi pr0xy333.

In case you're still pondering AV for WM5....

I've had a PDA for about 4 years now - I currently have an Axim X51v running WM5 - and I have yet to get a virus. I routinely backup the main memory and storage cards, so in the event I need to do a hard reset, it's no problem.

#3 blueredeyes

blueredeyes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:43 PM

Check the following link

http://info.drweb.com/show/3217/en
Download: http://download.drweb.com/wince/

#4 pr0xy333

pr0xy333
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:25 AM

Wow, I recently decided to pick up the search for a wm5 antivirus package, so I googled a bit and found my own old post. Anyways, thanks for the link. Of course, I'm a bit paranoid of a free security solution from Russia, but hey, I'll give it a look.
Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods. Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users