Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Notification Or Message

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 chow2rich

chow2rich

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:18 PM

I recently found I have spyware, malware, and adware on my computer. Because I downloaded a music file, but that file was a virus. So somehow I got spyware, malware, and adware. Anyway once I plugged a hardware into the USB I get the Safely Remove Hardware icon, but not the notification or message. And when I unplug it the icon disappear , but it doesn't show the message or notification saying it's safe to remove hardware. Can anybody tell me how to fix this problem? Thanks. Oh by the way, I'm using Windows XP Media Center.

Edited by chow2rich, 28 March 2007 - 11:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 twardnw

twardnw

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:39 PM

download a copy of HijackThis! and post a log in the correct forum. They can help you get rid of the infection much better than posting here :thumbsup:

#3 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:53 PM

How did I post it? I'm a beginner at posting. I really don't know how to post. Where can I attach the HiJackThis! report or post it? Thanks.

Edited by chow2rich, 28 March 2007 - 11:54 PM.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:33 AM

Read Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully!!!

If the steps, prior to the posting of a HijackThis log don't eliminate the problem:

Run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, >at this link<.
Do not, post it in this topic.
Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, as these people are volunteers. They will help you, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

Once you post your log, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:26 AM

I just posted the HiJackThis log into the forum! As you can see I have free anti-virus, anti-adware, and anti-spyware.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 10:53 AM

Nothing wrong with Freeware.
That's all I use. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for your help too. Your good at what you do. So can you tell me what's wrong with my Laptop. My Laptop is a Toshiba Duo-Core Processor, 1.5 GB of Ram, 1.6 GHZ, and 150 GB of Harddrive Capacity. It's the spyware or adware screwing-up my machine right? I'm no computer expert, but my major is Computer Cisco Networking.

Edited by chow2rich, 29 March 2007 - 11:01 AM.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:40 PM

It's hard to say what's screwing it up, but my first guess would be the motherboard/chipset drivers. Try uninstalling them, then install the latest version available from the manufacturer's website.

If that doesn't work, try this link for SFC.EXE /SCANNOW - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43051/how-to-use-sfcexe-to-repair-system-files/

If that doesn't work, then try a repair install of Windows: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2007 - 07:47 PM

I want to thank everybody for their help! Other websites aren't as fast as this. I tried to look up answers, still couldn't find out what's the problem, but now I have an answer, I can probably get this fixed. Thanks!

#10 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

I did what u told me to do. I did the sfc.exe /scannow from the Windows File Protection and it asked this.

Files that are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL Cache.

What should I do? Thanks.

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:52 AM

You should insert your Windows XP installation CD into the CD drive
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#12 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

I don't have the CD. When I got this Laptop they didn't give me Windows CD. I bought this Laptop at CompUSA. I only have the factory CD that will restore my laptop back to the factory settings that was pre-installed by the factory. So I can't do nothing. I'm using Windows XP Media Center.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:46 AM

What make and model of laptop is it? Did you try inserting the factory restore CD when it asked for the CD in SFC.EXE? (not doing a restore)

#14 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

It's a Toshiba Satellite A105 S4324. 1.5 GB of Ram, 1.6 GHZ. 150 GB Harddrive Capacity, and using Windows XP Media Center. It won't work when I put the factory CD into, because it won't read it, only at startup with the Toshiba name and when I press control then I can go to restore or go to factory settings.

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:52 AM

Search here for "sfc.exe" or "system file checker" - http://askiris.toshiba.com/ToshibaSupportSite/search.do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users