Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what now?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nmdamgud

nmdamgud

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:58 AM

ok, guys...i'm using avg like a good girl. i have ONE question...but it's a biggie. every day, when it's done scanning, it tells me: 19 viruses found 0 healed. when i ask for info, it sends me to the avg site, explains these viruses, then tells me to dl this or that, to "cure" it...and i do what i'm told, like a good girl, and the next day, guess what??? i get the SAME MESSAGE. what the hell am i sposed to do with this? i'm sure you need more info to help me, but seeing as how i can't c&p the avg scan, i thought i'd ask FIRST...what exactly is it you need? let me know and i will be more than happy to comply. this is getting very frustrating.

as always, guys...thanx!!!!!

damgud

Edited by nmdamgud, 10 January 2005 - 10:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:07 AM

First, can I ask whether or not you have run AVG in safe mode, with system restore temporarily disabled? Doing this can often allow your antivirus to remove the files in question because they are not being "used" by the computer.
If you have done this in safe mode without success, then if you could write down EXACTLY what AVG is found, and provide the link AVG gives you, we could explore the problem for you. Above all, don't get frustrated; sometimes ridding yourself of viruses is difficult, but you have people here ready to help you.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 10 January 2005 - 11:08 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users