Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prompter windows, google, & privacy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boyofdestiny

boyofdestiny

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:42 AM

[COLOR=blue] :thumbsup: I'm just wondering, and this is probably the stupidest question in the world, but how do I keep windows from prompting the searches that I've done in google before. Like for instance, you did a search for the Carson Daly is a God website and you don't want anyone to see whenever you are doing a query for a subject that starts in the letter "c". I already have a separate user account so my girlfriend can't see it when she uses her own. However, she's usually sitting right next to me when I'm doing other searches and she can see everything I've searched before. How do I erase all past searches and disable the prompts of previous searches when I am using search engines? (Every male who is reading the message sympathizes with and laughs at me :flowers: )

Edited by boyofdestiny, 10 January 2005 - 10:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:25 PM

:flowers: TO BleepingComputer!

I moved your post to this forum where it should receive attention.

(The HJT Forum is only to post logs for analysis and help.)

regards,
~Koan

:thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:05 PM

boyofdestiny, :flowers: to BC

To erase past searchs go to Tools\Internet Options\Content Tab\Auto Complete and select Clear Forms. Remove the check mark from the Forms box to stop Windows from saving your searches. Forms is the option that saves your search history.

To disable the prompts (drop down box) from appearing in the first place, uncheck the web addresses box above the forms box.

You will not be able to use autocomplete for these items, but then I guess that is not your main concern anyway. Since the spaces between the lines you are painting are pretty wide and you appear to be avoiding becoming a boyofdestiny at the hands of an enraged girlfriend, you might want to go to the general tab and select clear history just to be on the safe side. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ronbo, 11 January 2005 - 04:18 AM.

There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users