Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Detector -- Virus?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mazurite

Mazurite

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

Hey everyone i am new here and have just a couple quick questions. I have bought Max Secure Spyware Detector and Bitdefender's online scan has caught it as an infection and am wondering if it is any good,, for it has done a great job with my computer,, i just let it run in the background.. But even though it's not supossed to run on startup i have a process that i have to eliminate everytime i come on the comp called: SDservice.exe I am wondering if together Adaware SE Personal and Spybot S&D are better than Max Secure's Spyware Detector.

Also Bitdefender found a virus called CloseAll.exe in my system32 folder and i have searched thoroughly with showing all system files and hidden folders,, but yet i cannot find this .exe file.. but everytime i scan with bitdefender it will find it but not remove the virus, is there a program that will remove this completely from my computer? And lol one last thing. I noticed on this website's steps for a good clean up before posing their hijackthis log you guys don't have CCleaner,, is there a reason why? I use it and it does a great job.

Any information added to this would be great guys.
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:59 PM

A little late in asking, but here is a review of the program. Better to ask BEFORE installing.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2073462,00.asp

SDService CommandSDService.exe Description---Related to Spyware_Detector from Max Secure. Note: Located in C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector

http://www.spywaredata.com/spyware/malware/closeall.exe.php
15 variants of closeall.exe in the above link. 5 are Max Secure related.

About Ccleaner---It is often recommended on this site. I use it, like it, but whoever wrote the guidelines chose a different cleaner. No big deal.

If you decide to uninstall the program and have a problem, let us know. There are much better programs, and some are free for home users.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users