Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game Freeze?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 roffles92

roffles92

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:46 PM

When i first open up Counter-Strike(half life 1 engine), it seems fine at first. While I'm playing, at random times it will just freeze my whole computer. I cant close it or anything and I just lag out of everything. When im ingame in counter strike, all the pictures and surroundings get distorted and weird. My video card is a Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS. My graphics card is way above what the minimum requirement is. I returned my video card back to the company and they gave me a new one. I have a Intel Celeron D Processor 352. It's 3.33 ghz, I have 1 gig ram. Please help me stop this stupid freeze. This only happens when I open CS. (Battlefield 2 freezes also) not sure about other games.

Edited by roffles92, 28 March 2007 - 07:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:04 PM

Have you gone to the nvidia website and downloaded the latest drivers? Also are you running direct x 9.0c?

Do you have this problem with other games? Ya, you should run that game no problem.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 roffles92

roffles92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

can you give me the link to the latest drivers for Geforce 7900 GS? I cant find it and also how can you tell if you are running direct x 9.0c?

#4 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:50 AM

wow that nvidia site is confusing for drivers :thumbsup: (I use ATI). Sorry I can't find them on that site.

To see what version of directx your using, go to start, run..., then type in the box dxdiag. Under the system tab the very last thing it says is your version of directx. You can download the latest version on microsoft.com, if your version is older then 9.0c.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#5 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:31 AM

Here you go, this is the version for XP 32 bit. http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxpmce_93.71.html
MCP
MSDST

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:44 AM

It's possible that this is caused by something overheating. Check out SpeedFan, which is a freeware program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users