Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Games With Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:44 PM

I don't know if it's just me, but my video game (Battelfield 2142) doesn't run on my new laptop. (Dell Inspiron 1501, 120GB HDD, 256mb Video, 1GB RAM; Vista Home basic). I install it, no problems, update it, no problems, but it won't run. I know in windows XP there's a compatability option for older programs, does Vista have this as well so I'll be able to run this game?

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

As far as I know there shouldn't be any compatibility problems with Battlefield 2142 and Vista. That said, the same compatibility options are available in Vista as in XP in the same place.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

Yep, not only should it run,

but h e r e ' s a Vista Sidebar Gadget for it.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 TheYoda

TheYoda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

Might it be because I didnt run the game before I updated it? It just says that the Battelfield stop working.

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users