Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Changing Fonts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gordon20murray

gordon20murray

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:35 PM

Dialogue boxes: How do i change the font size in windows xp home for boxes like the confirm delete box after empty recycle bin?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Succor

Succor

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:49 PM

right click the desktop \ select the appearance tab \ click the advance tab (bottom right corner) \ in the item drop down select message box. you can play around with this to get what your looking for.
Theres hope for most, but only patiance for few.

#3 gordon20murray

gordon20murray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2007 - 04:13 PM

Yes I have tried this, clicking the individual parts of the different kinds of fonts and adjusting the sizes bigger, also by selecting the drop down menu items and trying to locate the font which affects these dialogue boxes.... I believe I have methodically exhausted all possibilities there (including the message box you mention, which just made bookmarks and address bar fonts bigger but did not adjust any message box text) and not found the appropriate font to adjust.

Edited by gordon20murray, 28 March 2007 - 04:17 PM.

#4 gordon20murray

gordon20murray
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 March 2007 - 02:55 AM

If it helps I believe this font is the same font that is used for the display preferences dialogue, and the tabs, all of which are too small for the person I am changing them for to read which is why he cant change them himself.

I have seen this mentioned on another forum dealing with XP replacement schemes (like windowblinds etc), where they used a registry hack for the same problem, but I am unwilling to use this because I think that can only be used in combination with the relevant scheme.

Besides shouldnt this be easy to change for people with poor eyesight?, the typical age of people with this problem are not going to have a clue about editing registry.

And please dont suggest that big horrible magnifier which moves all his icons every time its used.

Edited by gordon20murray, 29 March 2007 - 03:40 AM.

#5 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

:thumbsup: No replies to this one?, I am having the same problem too.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:32 PM

Right click on an empty area of the Desktop and select "Properties", then click on the Appearance tab, then on the Advanced button. It's in there, I'm just not sure which option it is. Experiment a bit to see what you get! :thumbsup:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users